Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What TV set should I buy for my Matrox Marvel G450 eTV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What TV set should I buy for my Matrox Marvel G450 eTV?

I am in the process of ordering a G450 eTV card and now I need to buy a new TV set to act as a second monitor for the card. I know I have to buy a TV with S-video. Now what size should I buy and what brand? I will be using it mainly as a second monitor for viewing multiple webpages. Will the resolution be good enough to read the print on webpages? I have never done this before and I do not know what to expect. I would like to get about a 30" TV if possible.

------------------
    The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.

I use a 20 inch RCA on my G450-etv. I would not recommend it for viewing web pages, as reading the text is not too cool, but my primary monitor is a flat screen 21 inch. A 30 inch would be nice, but a TV is a TV...
    Good luck,
    Ted
    Premiere PRO XP Pro
    Asus P4s533
    P4-2.8
    Matrox G450
    RT.x100
    45 GIG System Drive
    120 Export Drive
    Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
    17" P4-3 HT
    1024 RAM
    32 MEG GForce
    60 GIG 7200RPM HD
    80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
    DVD RW/RAM

Comment

Thank you very much for that reply. I had no idea of what to expect. Now I have to decided if I really want to buy an eTV or buy a G450 AGP so that I can use two monitors and then buy a G450 PCI when they come out soon for an additional two monitors. I did want the editing and video caputre functions available on the Marvel eTV, but my most immediate need is quad monitors. I guess another option would be to go to the G400 Max with the RR additional daughter card. What do you think? Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

------------------

Comment

Working...
      X