I cannot come up with words to describe this retardness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot come up with words to describe this retardness

Maribel Cuevas was arrested in April in a police operation which involved three police cars and a helicopter.
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Sigh....

Unfortunately the PC anti-violence crusade among the schools and police has taken on Biblical proportions. In my day they'd have dropped the kid off at home with a recommendation for a good tail-whomping and left it at that.

Now everything from a dirt-pie fight to bringing a toy soldier to school is being "criminalized".

This all started about 20 years ago when schools started suspending both parties in a "fight", even if one was a total victim and didn't even have a chance to defend himself. Now everything's a crime and school fights get a full police response, even for kindergarteners.

It's all pure bulls***

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 July 2005, 17:23.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
      Sigh....
      This all started about 20 years ago when schools started suspending both parties in a "fight", even if one was a total victim and didn't even have a chance to defend himself. Now everything's a crime and school fights get a full police response, even for kindergarteners.

Yeah I saw this first hand when I worked at a local school system...I can understand where the school system is coming from, but often it doesnt solve anything. Maybe they should start up boxing clubs so they can beat the crap out of one another
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

[...] This all started about 20 years ago when schools started suspending both parties in a "fight", even if one was a total victim and didn't even have a chance to defend himself. Now everything's a crime and school fights get a full police response, even for kindergarteners. [...]
        Funny you should mention that. While no police presence was required (possibly due to the following having occurred on an Air Force base), I do remember a fight I was involved in during a kindergarten playground session. The aggressor was actually a 2nd grader who had some unexplainable dislike for me. I gave him a bloody nose (in defense). Not only did I receive the brunt of punishment, only my parents were called in. The reason being I sustained no physical markings.

But I agree, things have gotten way out of hand. I do believe that schools are partly to blame for the very problems there are attempting to prevent.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

We had boxing clups and that's exatly what heppened.

When the principal was presented with two fighters (not a brute and a victim, however) he dragged 'em down to the gym and had the teacher there put 'em in the ring for 3 rounds to get it out of their systems.

Brutes, OTOH, got their tails wholloped by the principals "board of education".

Ahhh....the good ole' days

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
            Yeah I saw this first hand when I worked at a local school system...I can understand where the school system is coming from, but often it doesnt solve anything. Maybe they should start up boxing clubs so they can beat the crap out of one another
            Apparently, while my one-time step-father was in school, they had such a thing. An area at the rear of his school was setup so that monitored boxing-type matches could be held. Obviously it didn't last long.
            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

So much for my plan that Logan learn martial arts while he's in grade school. Poor kid would probably get arrested.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

If the martial art school actually teaches the kid properly especially together with your parenting, he would know when not to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
                  If the martial art school actually teaches the kid properly especially together with your parenting, he would know when not to fight.
                  Doesn't matter nowadays. Defending yourself - or just letting the other kid beat on you - nets you a suspension just as quickly as fighting back.
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

So might as well deserve it and give as well as he gets. I harbored serious anger for years at the injustice meted out to me by teachers in grade school.. I would have felt a lot better had I just kicked the other kid's ass all over the place and actually deserved what I got.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                      So might as well deserve it and give as well as he gets. I harbored serious anger for years at the injustice meted out to me by teachers in grade school.. I would have felt a lot better had I just kicked the other kid's ass all over the place and actually deserved what I got.
                      Yeah, that's sort of one way that a person tends to lean after a while. Why let yourself be a punching bag if you're STILL going to be suspended?

I personally got in about 3 fights in school - all in different schools. I was a skinny, scrawny little kid - and not very brave.

But get angry enough, and get in ONE good shot to someone's NOSE, and the fight is over.

And after you've taken the wind out of the biggest bully's sails, nobody else messes with you - especially when you went utterly apeshit in the process, screaming and swinging.

Comment

Sounds like me as a HS freshman. The HS seniors and juniors "tested" the mettle of the newbies as soon as we came in the door. Some stood up and were accepted; others didn't and became the victim class. I broke the nose of a varsity club member with a side kick and was left alone forever.

Of course in those days the principal just said "good kick!!" and let it go at that

Dr. Mordrid
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Doc, you think it's because of PC?

Read this about an opinion by Bush's SC nominee:

Last year, in Hedgepeth v. Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, Roberts wrote an opinion upholding the arrest of a 12-year-old girl for eating a single French fry in a Washington, D.C., Metrorail station while on her way home from junior high school. As the court described, the "girl was arrested, searched, and handcuffed. Her shoelaces were removed, and she was transported in the windowless rear compartment of a police vehicle to a juvenile processing center, where she was booked, fingerprinted, and detained until released to her mother some three hours later." Except for the time she was being fingerprinted, the girl remained handcuffed with her hands behind her back until she was released.

Roberts concluded that the arrest and detention under a mandatory arrest policy for minors was not an "unreasonable" seizure under the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution, even though adults found to have violated the same no-eating-in-the-Metro ordinance were simply given citations. For obvious reasons, this decision is likely to be a point of some contention in Roberts' confirmation hearing. But of more significance than the decision itself is a part of its reasoning.

Roberts wrote that the Metro's mandatory arrest policy was not unconstitutional in part because it would not have been "regarded as an unlawful search or seizure under the common law when the Amendment was framed," that is, under the law as it stood in 1791. He described this inquiry as "the usual first step" in assessing Fourth Amendment cases, but really it is not. Instead, it is part of an approach to the law put forward by Justice Scalia, one that has been used inconsistently at best by the Supreme Court, garnering a clear majority's support in only one Fourth Amendment decision. It is an approach that would in essence freeze our rights as they were in 1791. And it is contrary to a great deal of modern Supreme Court case law that is dear to most Americans -- from protection against wiretapping to protection of the right to choose.

Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

My concern in that case is not the searching, handcuffing etc. That's just common sense given the violence of some young people these days.

Too many cops have been injured or killed by kids in custody to argue that point, not to mention how many have committed suicide while in custody because their shoe laces or belts had not been confiscated.

All Judge Robertson did was rule on this narrow, and already litigated to death, issue.

My arguement is with the mandatory arrest ordinance itself. THAT is the part of this scenario that makes no sense whatsoever, especially when it is applied to unlawful eating

Dr. Mordrid
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

All Judge Robertson did was rule on this narrow, and already litigated to death, issue.
                              You know, the former USSR had a wonderfull sounding constitution.
                              If the constitution provides no real protection from the elected branches of government, why bother having one?
                              Chuck
                              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                              X