Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Battlestar Galactica season on Sci-Fi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Battlestar Galactica season on Sci-Fi.

Anyone seen it yet, I'm currently downloading it (cough cough ) season 1 isn't even broadcasted on TV overhere .

I really liked season 1, much better than Enterprise etc.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Yep it was great...I need to get a DVR box though from my cable company so I remember to tape it! Missed about half of last season.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Oh, and I bet you're using BitTorrent too, you naughty evil person!

much better than Enterprise
      From the few episodes I saw of Enterprise that shouldn't be very difficult to accomplish. Havn't seen the new Battlestar Galactica at all.

Comment

Nah never used bittorrent, thank you newsgroups 10 minutes left.
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by KeiFront
          Nah never used bittorrent, thank you newsgroups 10 minutes left.
          Oh, that's even worse, only hackers use newsgroups these days!

Seriously, the last time I downloaded something off a newsgroup was back on my Amiga, and it was just some HP48 software...

Comment

Yeah Episode 1 aired this past Friday night. Very good, pretty much as though Season 1 never left off.

One of the benefits of resuming shooting so quickly.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

I was worried that I'd be lost because it's been so long since I've watched season 1 and ther are so many sub plots.

I was ok though; it was a great episode.

The series is kind of at that cross point where we're about to find out if the writers have this all well planned or if the mythology they've developed is about to fall apart.

I find it interesting that the humans have a pagan culture and the cylons are monotheistic; makes me root for the cylons more.

It seems like the cylons have an actual plan beyond just killing all the humans. I hope that it's found to be compelling.
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                One of the benefits of resuming shooting so quickly.
                I watched it as it aired in the UK so it was a long wait for me.

Comment

Does the Cylon eye still bounce back and forth causing their aim to be exceedingly terrible?

Comment

It was a pretty busy Friday night with Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Battlestar Ponderosa II all premiering their shows for the season. Kind of a kick-start to recall where they all left off and a bit much for one night. Had a few other shows to record that night as well so Monk had to wait until the next night. It was nice having a little break there to catch up on some movies.
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Nice episode eagerly awaiting the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                        Does the Cylon eye still bounce back and forth causing their aim to be exceedingly terrible?
                        Only the non-humanoid-like Cylons. The others, well, the end of Season 1 shows their aim isn't too awful bad

The first episode of Season 2 was good, though a little less exciting than one might expect a season premier to be. It did, however, open up a few new sub-plots that are sure to have some interesting ramifications.
                        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
                          The first episode of Season 2 was good, though a little less exciting than one might expect a season premier to be. It did, however, open up a few new sub-plots that are sure to have some interesting ramifications.
                          Yep. Trade "Boomer and Hilo on Caprica" for "Starbuck and Hilo on Caprica" - Starbuck of course more determined to kick ass and take names, hooks up with the resistance (of COURSE there's a resistance, duh!).

Zerreck needs to play a role in the new season - they wouldn't re-use the actor who played the original Apollo for NOTHING.

Also, Lucy Lawless apparently has a recurring cameo as a reporter looking for information on the slaying of some civilians in a botched marine operation. Or so I hear.

Am I the only one, though, who finds Commander Tigh's wife to be the single most irritating person on the entire fleet?

And what is up with the President being regarded as some kind of prophet/holy figure? *sigh*

And the chief can't lose any MORE people on Kobol, or there won't be anyone LEFT to carry on that subplot!
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

that subplot on Kobol seems a little cliched. it seems obvious that they'll find SOMETHING that will turn the tide of the war. That guy who was shot while on point, you just knew he was toast as soon as that scene opened. As he turned around to talk to the other two, I knew that shots were about to be fired.

I hope the writers work some surprises in to that story.

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                              ... That guy who was shot while on point, you just knew he was toast as soon as that scene opened. As he turned around to talk to the other two, I knew that shots were about to be fired. ...
                              Yep ... that was unrealistically stupid. I turned to my wife at that point and .
                              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                              X