Xbox 360 Image and Information Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 Image and Information Leak

Late Sunday night a forum user on Gamespot.com posted a few images of himself playing Halo 2 on a (test) Xbox 360 and spilled some beans on the console.

After he realized what he had done the images were removed from where they were hosted and the user tried to clean up what he had done. But if you know anything about the Internet, leaks such as this can spread extremely fast through the internet. Below are a few images and direct quotes from the user.
    http://www.xboxcore.com/gaming_news/707.html
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Feels like MS doing some viral marketing to me.

If it’s real, and that kid’s dad let him play with it, without admonishing him against publicly announcing it, then the father deserves whatever MS is going to do to him.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I don't know if thats fake or the kid is just a total moron... but from his posts it seems like moron.

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
        Feels like MS doing some viral marketing to me.

Yeah, perhaps...especially that there were tons of leaks about X360...and none about the rest.
        Last edited by Nowhere; 18 July 2005, 10:53.

Comment

...a quick read indicates that limitations as to what and what he was not allowed to talk about was discussed...

xbox was geting 3000+ frames witch was pretty stuinning for me. and the Xbox dashboard is amazing im not aloud to tell everything about it but WOW theres soo much crap on the xbox and some of it is sooO miscelanius.
          the plot thickens...

cc

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky Cheese
            ...a quick read indicates that limitations as to what and what not he was allowed to talk about was discussed

the plot thickens...

cc
            Thickens... into cold lumpy soup. It's all a viral marketing campaign. A "blitz", if you will. There haven't been any leaked E3 photos of the new Nintendo or Sony systems. No idiot kids on the IntarWeb with daddy's PS3.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

I think it's likely a marketing campaign. but not because there haven't been leaks on the sony and nintendo fronts. i think that we haven't seen sony and nintendo stuff simply because their launch dates are too far off. there might be some dev kits hobbled together from PC hardware but there aren't any reall test systems out in the world just yet.

Comment

better views on it...

You are a damn lucky kid, but I hope you didn’t just cost your step dad his new job.
                "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

another interesting note: if you click the pictures in that last one you get full size images. with exif data.

slick.
                  "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Let's gather all the clues shall we?

1-The apartment is literally vacant with no furniture, intersting!!

2-Some one was there to take the photo of the kid, who was it???? his step dad? A friend?

3-3000+ FPS in what Halo 2, which is highly unlikely or some other benchmark tool built in?

4-why were those cables sticking out of the so called Xbox 360?

5-could this be a mod? or a hack?

6-why only show a picture of half the TV set showing Halo 2 logo instead of the game itself?

7-Why not show the on screen menu of the Xbox 360?

Anyway, something smells here, either way I would leave it up to you to comment.

Regards,
                    Elie

Comment

what strikes me is that the TV in those pics is small and crappy. how's one supposed to check out a game system with a crappy tv like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
                        Let's gather all the clues shall we?

1-The apartment is literally vacant with no furniture, intersting!!

2-Some one was there to take the photo of the kid, who was it???? his step dad? A friend?

3-3000+ FPS in what Halo 2, which is highly unlikely or some other benchmark tool built in?

4-why were those cables sticking out of the so called Xbox 360?

5-could this be a mod? or a hack?

6-why only show a picture of half the TV set showing Halo 2 logo instead of the game itself?

7-Why not show the on screen menu of the Xbox 360?

Anyway, something smells here, either way I would leave it up to you to comment.

Regards,
                        Elie
                        1) he said his dad just took the job. might be a new apartment too?

2) kids friend maybe? another sibling?

3) he never said 3000FPS in Halo 2. he was talking about a benchmark of some sort called "Dolphin". I've never heard of it, but if it's loaded on a piece of pre-release hardware it wouldn't suprise me.

4) probably a connection to allow debugging. it is not final hardware, but it isn't a Dev kit. product test?

5) no.

6) dumbass kids? did you read the post he wrote? maybe he had issues in game as well.

7) see 6)

evidentally he posted pictures of his fathers business card and MS badge in the thread. if you look at the large pictures they do contain valid exif data that jives with his story (taking the pictures a week prior). not that it couldn't be faked, but it tends to increase the reliability.

he doesn't post anything particularly earth shattering (except that emulation is indeed in there), but what he did post jives with other things i have heard. between the way he was acting, my own experiences with MS and understanding of how they work, and the whispers i hear from certain people this would appear to be genuine. and he dad has probably found himself in a world of shit.

Comment

he was enough of an idiot to post a pic containing the serial number of the unit. If it is legit, I wonder how long it will take for that to be tracked!
                          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                          X