X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flash movie:update

The Flash

Synopsis:

While touring the crime scene lab of his uncle, Barry Allen, teenager Wally West is doused in chemicals after a lightning bolt strikes them, which enables him to run faster than any other human being on earth. Becoming the Flash, Wally sets out to protect the people of his city from the villainous threats that arise.

Yes, both Flashes, Barry and Wally, will appear in the movie.

Director/Writer David S. Goyer (Batman Returns) stated this in a recent interview;

"I'm writing and directing 'The Flash' next," says Goyer, referring to the DC Comics character who appeared in 1940 and is therefore almost as old as Superman (1938) and Batman (1939). Writer Gardner Fox and artist Harry Lampert teamed on The Flash's debut.

"Fans know there's been more than one Flash over the years," Goyer adds. "There's been a lot of speculation and rumor, but both Barry Allen and Wally West will be in this movie."

Goyer is referring to the The Flash's "normal" identity. He started as Jay Garrick in 1940. Allen took over in 1956 and Wallace (introduced as Kid Flash in 1959) in 1986.

"We're going to go into the 'Speed Force' and a lot of the cosmic aspects of the character from the more recent past," Goyer says. "Trust me, we're going to do a lot more than have the Flash run on water and create vortexes.

"I have a guy from M.I.T. helping me with all of this. We're going to be playing with relativity, Doppler effects and all kinds of things like that. Audiences will be amazed."
    Ryan Reynolds is in talks to play Wally/The Flash.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 July 2005, 04:34.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Ooh! Ryan Reynolds!

That would actually be cool. He's enough of a wise-ass.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
    X