Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Project

Hi All,

I've been asked by a customer to take four separate DVDs and compile them into one DVD disc.

Space doesn't seem to be an issue. I've extracted the chapters as video files with Video Studio and the total size of all the files is 4.5GB.

The DVDs are all documentaries or private films that are owned by my customer. There are no copyright issues with this project.

Some of the DVDs have several chapters and a menu system.

I'm wondering if there's a way that I can setup this DVD with an initial menu that allows one of the four discs to be selected and when a selection is made have it branch into the menu system that already exists for that disc.

I'm not sure how much space the menu systems take on these discs but some of the videos aren't very important and I can re-encode them with less quality if need be. For example, one of the videos is of a private gala with Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and contains really long and boring speeches. No one will complain if the video quality is reduced.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

It may be overkill but DVD Workshop Express should do everything you need and more.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Will it let me import the existing menu systems or will I have to recreate them?

Comment

You will have to recreate them. It is impossible to import 4 menu systems and integrate them into 1. A simple 1 DVD>1 DVD copier, like 1Click will copy a single menu system.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks, I figured that I'd be SOL. I was just hoping that there might be some tool out there I hadn't heard of.

I've been meaning to learn how to use DVD Workshop Express ever since I asked for advice on a good DVD authoring tool before. Hadn't had time to pick it up yet though. Now I'll have to make time.

Comment

Working...
          X