MediaStudio Pro 8.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MediaStudio Pro 8.0

First let me make it clear that Ulead has given me a partial release from my NDA (non-disclosure agreement) regarding MediaStudio Pro 8.0.

The contents of this post are therefore not speulation, though the images herein show user interface details that may change before release.

Now that we have all of that out of the way, here's a very partial list of MSPro 8's new features:

Single Track editing:

No more Va/Fx/Vb tracks. Transitions can now be placed on any track. Transitions are applied by overlapping adjacent clips on the same timeline. In the image below the yellow portion is the transition;

Overlays:

Overlays can now be placed on any track, just like transitions, and you can apply transitions between them.

Multiple Timelines:

You start out with the Main Timeline, but can add more at any time. These timelines can be used to load in multiple projects at once or they can be used as Nested Timelines.

Nested Timelines:

Nested timelines can each contain a portion (or chapter) of a given project with the whole being assembled on the Main Timeline. This makes them work like a video outliner.

Virtual Clips:

Nested timelines are accomplished using Virtual Clips. A Virtual Clip appears to be an ordinary clip, but in reality they contain all the contents of its target timeline including other Virtual Clips.

In the transition image above the second clip is a Virtual Clip. Doubleclicking on it opens its target timeline revealing its contents;

Needless to say this opens up a lot of possibilities.

Enhanced display engine:

MSPro8 also has an enhanced display engine which ensures smooth zooming, scrolling and scrubbing.

That's all I can say for now, but as you can see things are changing in major ways. More details will be forthcoming in a few days.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

AAAAARGGGGGGFLLLLGGGGRRHHHHHHMMMMMMMPPPPPPRRRRFFFF FFgggggeeeg!!!!!!!!
    (exausted)

I'm shocked!!!!!

Like Premiere PRO but with our beloved Media Studio. I can't wait.

It seems better than I could imagine.

Thanks DOC!!!!

Comment

Thanks so much for making the Reply button so easy to get to

MSPro8 is not only better than you could imagine, it's better than you can imagine.

As another beta stated in the Ulead user forum the full feature list would take up about 4 pages of single spaced 10 point type. I cannot disagree.

In short....this suckers a freakin' BEAST!!

Now for the rub: testing such a monster takes time. We're getting a new build every week and are making progress, but as you can well imagine this is quite a task. Please be patient.

More info coming in a few days.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Yeah!!!

I'm so excited, like when I purchased my first Commodore Amiga and genlock.

This is better news than the presentation of the Video Toaster Flyes. I smell a little revolution.

Ulead will done again???

I think YES.

I'm going to hibernate myself three o four months with the hope that when I return to live MEDIA STUDIO 8 has born.

Amiga rulez... but Ulead NOW is better

Thanks a lot for your hard work.

Comment

I think I'll reserve judgement on this until I can downoad a trial version.. From looking at The screen shots there appears to be less control over transitions in the timeline than there is with previouse versions. I hope Ulead is not just do a "me too" and making an Adobe look alike..
          paulw

Comment

Paulw,

You saved me some typeing. I quite aqree with you.

Debbie
            We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Originally posted by paulw
              I think I'll reserve judgement on this until I can downoad a trial version.. From looking at The screen shots there appears to be less control over transitions in the timeline than there is with previouse versions. I hope Ulead is not just do a "me too" and making an Adobe look alike..
              I can't give you details, but you have MORE control over transitions, filters, moving paths etc.

I was apprehensive about this when starting the beta testing, but I mentally adapted very quickly, despite my senility (had to get it in before anyone else!). I went back to MSP7 for a project yesterday and had difficulty re-adapting to the old method

One big advantage is that you can see more tracks at a time. In MSP7, three tracks are used for the basic function and that takes up a lot of screen space. In MSP8, it's all on a single track. If you use the multi-timeline feature, which is tabbed, you hardly ever need to have more than three or four tracks used on any timeline, so that everything is instantly visible. In reality, for my testing, I've never gone deeper than 4 tracks and three timelines (the equivalent of 14 video tracks in MSP7), although you can have many more, of course.

Prior to the development of MSP8, we were asked what features we would like to see. I suggested that it may be nice to have switchable "old style" and "new style" timelines to ease the learning curve. I was wrong!
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Because of the portions of the NDA still in effect we can't say a whole lot about MSP8's effect controls, but Brian is correct: this too is VASTLY improved and it isn't the only portion of the program that is. Let's just say that a lot of wishes have been fulfilled

We can't elaborate as to what or how, but trust us that we're VERY happy campers

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I am sure that what was not mentioned is fantastic, but what was mentioned has been common place for several years now with all other serious NLE's.

DJ

Comment

little birdies tell me, you have much to expect, and shall knock socks off, but y'know i'm just da admin, what do i know
                    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Can you reveal what has transpired with respect to CG INFINITY and VIDEO PAINT?

Jerry Jones
                      I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Also, does AUDIO EDITOR still exist?

Are there any MIDI capabilities, by any chance?

Jerry Jones
                        I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

That stuff is still under NDA. Sorry

Dr. Mordrid
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

A quick review of the patches on the main ULead website needed for 6.0, 6.5, and 7.0 clearly shows that as the features get more and more "GEE WHIZ!", the need to wait for any new version to settle out and be patched, then wait for the patched version to settle out, etc., is the way to go.

Aside from that, however, I have to say that each finalized version has resulted in a period of routine usage without any insurmountable problems in my video editing activities. If you like to keep up with the latest, and are more than willing to "go configure" and help to solve any problems that crop up in a new release, then it's always fun to be right there on the cutting edge. But if you're routinely working on new projects, upgrading should be a matter of waiting for all this fun to blow over.

Jeff B

Comment

Hey cool features

Thanks Doc for sharing!!

Comment

Working...
                              X