• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond tech....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Wow ... microchips of the future could end up being 10% gold and 50% diamond Talk about bling, bling.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

*GAG* What a horrible article...

"A diamond's value is based on its inherent rarity," DTC global marketing chief Stephen Lussier told Reuters. "They are all as old as the world. The world has stopped making diamonds."
      Translation: This article payed for by the De Beers monopoly and extortion company.

I like the "The durability of diamonds at high temperatures" bit also, absolutely misrepresenting the reason why diamond would be useful in electronics.

Comment

Yeah that guy who wrote the article obviously doesn't undestand crap about technology... but thats not surprising as the tech articles from CNN are almost always horrible.

Comment

That statement is blatantly false as anyone who knows word 1 about diamond marketing knows well. The only reason mined diamonds are "rare" is because De Beers hoardes the vast majority of the ones they dig up, causing an artificial "shortage" and driving up the price.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'd love a diamond heatsink for my computer... now that would be a good reason to have a transparent case with LED fans and everything.

Comment

Working...
            X