Don't carpool in France...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't carpool in France...

A group of French cleaning ladies who organised a car-sharing scheme to get to work are being taken to court by a coach company which accuses them of "an act of unfair and parasitical competition".

Wow! That's weird.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Only the French could come up with something so totally inane.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
        Only the French could come up with something so totally inane.

Dr. Mordrid
        Are you forgetting which country allows law suits for putting your dog in the microwave, getting burned by mcdonalds hot coffee... etc.. I don't think the French are anywhere near as bad as the lawsuits in the US
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

I wonder what this is all really about...
          I mean, they can't be that stupid to think they can win this case...so what's up?

Comment

I dunno tjalfe. I've never heard of a lawsuit in the US where someone was trying to sue because someone else made a personal decision not to use an expensive service.

I mean geez, is there something wrong with freedom of choice to not spend money on a bus? I don't even know what to say.

Comment

Originally posted by rylan
              I dunno tjalfe. I've never heard of a lawsuit in the US where someone was trying to sue because someone else made a personal decision not to use an expensive service.

I mean geez, is there something wrong with freedom of choice to not spend money on a bus? I don't even know what to say.
              check wallace v's the gpl.
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by rylan

It was merely a reaction to Dr. M's "only the french would come up with something this insane", and yes, it is a pretty stupid lawsuit

edit:typo
                Last edited by Tjalfe; 14 July 2005, 05:24.
                We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

The case is going to be tossed out eventually. The lower court already did. The higher court will soon enough. Hopefully, the ladies counter sue for legal costs.

I have my own reasons for disdain of the French, but Doc, I think maybe you’re being a little too hard on them. Remember, they did give you guys that statue you guys seem so fond of.

I think that the reason the case seems so off the wall is that the premise is essentially anti-capitalist/anti-competitive, which resonates differently than the American cases tjalfe mentioned (which are pure capitalist). I don’t think that it’s any more frivolous though.
                  P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

The bus transport company has no legal base to rest its case upon. They're just desperate for more customers.

About the stupidest way to try and gain "market share".

They'll lose.

I'd file a counter case too for good measure. Say moral harassment, in which case it's the bus company that has to prove they DO NOT harass those women. With the first case in court at the same time, that might be difficult.

Comment

Working...
                    X