Looking for VCR/DVD combo recorder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for VCR/DVD combo recorder.

I'm looking for a VCR/DVD combo recorder that burn o DVDs. I would need need it to be able to burn to something other than UDF DVDs as these do not work in most players. Any ideas?

Why a combo? Why not 2 seperate devices: a VCR and a DVD-recorder with an analog input?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

LG has a great DVD-VCR combo unit in the LRY-517. It can burn to all DVD formats including dual layer DVD's (8.5g) and DVD-RAM w/time slip (play and record the same disc simultaneously). They run about $399 at Best Buy;

Most of these decks will burn compatable discs if you remember to CLOSE (or FINISH in some models) the disc. Not necessary if you use DVD +/- RW.

Damned thing even has multimedia card slots for doing slideshows, set/delete chapter marks etc. etc.

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 July 2005, 09:57.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
        Why a combo? Why not 2 seperate devices: a VCR and a DVD-recorder with an analog input?

Jörg
        The combos can record to DVD automatically from the VHS tapes from what I understand.

Correction:
        Some of them can.
        Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 14 July 2005, 05:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
          LG has a great DVD-VCR combo unit in the LRY-517. It can burn to all DVD formats including dual layer DVD's (8.5g) and DVD-RAM w/time slip (play and record the same disc simultaneously). They run about $399 at Best Buy;

Most of these decks will burn compatable discs if you remember to CLOSE (or FINISH in some models) the disc. Not necessary if you use DVD +/- RW.

Damned thing even has multimedia card slots for doing slideshows, set/delete chapter marks etc. etc.

Dr. Mordrid
          f
          It looks excellent but does it burn ISO file system DVDs or UDF? Or better yet, does it do both?

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
            The combos can record to DVD automatically from the VHS tapes from what I understand.
            Ha, ok... I didn't know that...

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
            X