• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU raids Intel offices.....

EU investigators raid Intel offices

David Gow in Brussels
    Wednesday July 13, 2005
    The Guardian

Investigators from the European commission and national competition authorities in several European countries, including Britain, yesterday mounted a series of dawn raids at premises of Intel, the world's leading chip maker, as part of an inquiry into alleged anti-trust activities.

The raids are linked to lawsuits and complaints filed by Intel's smaller rival, AMD, about the US group's allegedly illegal practices in maintaining its monopoly in the microprocessor market.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/s...527127,00.html

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 July 2005, 18:32.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Nah, can't be true. Just more Grauniad left-wing propaganda. Haven't you got a proper source for this, like fox news?

Oh, sorry, wrong thread (was just wondering why Doc M would be reading the Guardian online - apart from it having a very good jobs section?? )
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Because I love to read the news from all perspecives. I don't agree with 75% of 'em, but at least I give 'em a hearing.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Topic almost sounds like masked man in black outfits jumped in through the widnows and pacificated everybody

Comment

Thought so... actually I can't read the guardian regularly because it's too predictable in opinion and doesn't really challenge my own too often. Something like the Torygraph can be fun because it's meaty enough and I disagree with it . Although to be honest I usually end up reading the Financial Times

EDIT: And Doc, what on earth are you doing up at this time of night??? All OK I hope?

Comment

Up betatesting MediaStuido Pro 8 and a bit of insomnia.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Fair enough On topic - didn't AMD try something like this in the US and fail? Also I've heard that they hit Intel's offices in Japan at the same time as this one in Europe.

Comment

No, actually AMD recently filed an antitrust lawsuit in the US federal court. Stuff like that gets taken quite seriously by the US courts, especially with the recent crackdown in the past couple years against corporate wrongdoings.

What they tried before was filing a complaint against Intel in Europe, however it was basically ignored. AMD never retracted the complaint and started pushing for some action on it, so now something it happening there.

Comment

Working...
                X