Ivan Replay..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivan Replay..

Hurricane Dennis looks like it will hit the same place Ivan got last year.. no fun for them..
    Attached Files

We may get tornados once in a while , but I'd never move into hurrican turf. Nope.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

just been upgraded to a Catagory 4

www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

since ive seen a few tornados up close and personal... i'll take the hurricanes any day.
        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

A tornado is at most 1 mile wide and most are only 100 meters wide. You can evade them if you're out driving around. Kinda hard to avoid a 1000 mile wide hurricane

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

with a tornado you get like a 15 second warning, with a hurricane you can have several days to prepare or even evacuate. :P
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

and i'll leave you with http://www.marengotornado.com/

my parents home town last year.

photos: http://www.marengotornado.com/photos...otos/index.htm

actually my parents pictures were a lot better than that.
              Last edited by Lizzard[MPE]; 9 July 2005, 23:39.
              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

we can also visit the tornado of 74 in Brandenburg, Kentucky where my family lived at the time. my grandmother had just about the entire street in her basement at the time. leveled every house on the street except for hers.

31 people died that hour and almost 300 injured.

can you tell i loathe tornados?

148 Tornadoes>2598 miles>315 Deaths>5484 injured. in 1 day.
                Last edited by Lizzard[MPE]; 9 July 2005, 23:49.
                www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

This happened 8 years ago about 20 miles from where I live..

I couldn't find the pic that graced the front of the Austin paper the next morning.. it was like those last two, but showed the whole neigborhood. There was no debris. It just picked up all the houses, cars, asphalt and people and sucked them away. It was the scariest tornado damage pic I ever saw. The people who did the cleanup were severely traumatized because they found their friends hundreds of yards away all ripped apart.. turned inside out by the incredible force of this thing.

Yeah, I think tornadoes are a bit worse than hurricanes.. mainly for the reasons Liz gave.. that there is sufficient warning of hurricanes now. There was not such warning in 1900 or 1935, when people living on low-lying islands were just out of luck.
                  Last edited by KvHagedorn; 10 July 2005, 15:56.

Comment

well shit. i was supposed to go visit my Father in the panhandle two days from now. I don't see it going as smoothly as we were planning though. especially since i was supposed to fly out of Pensacola
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

since i got on the subject of tornados i found a really cool pic online of the small tornado that hit miami in 97

and video

www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

WOW!
                        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

south florida rarely gets tornados by the way.

which is weird i say that because last summer i was eating breakfast with my friend vinnie when a tornado went through the golfcourse straight past his condo. crazyness.
                          www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Having lived in Florida and now Oklahoma, I dare say I'd take neither. Admittedly I've been through more tornados than hurricanes (partly due to nearby hurricanes producing lovely 'little' waterspouts), but I've seen the aftermath of both. If the tornado occurs during the day, then I'd definitely take it over a hurricane; however, it has been my experience that tornados have an affinity for dusk and full dark.

That said, there is something far more menacing and personable about a tornado -- something that makes it alive and unpredictable.
                            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

They don't call F5's "the hand of God" for nothing

My contribution to the image collection;

Dr. Mordrid
                              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 July 2005, 08:58.
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X