Ars: ATI a takeover target?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ars: ATI a takeover target?

ATI's stock has been hammered, and hammered hard. Now there are rumors that …

Takeover rumors started in June, when the company's third quarter results were less than impressive, and were followed by weak projections for the fourth quarter. Rumors indicate that both AMD and Intel are interested in ATI, as are Broadcom and Texas Instruments.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
      !!! [gasps for air] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO...
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Comment

TI could make some sick calculators.

Comment

Well Creative took over 3D Labs and not much has changed for them.

Comment

if it's true, I'm hoping for Intel

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
                if it's true, I'm hoping for Intel
                Yep then the Extreme in their extreme graphics controller might mean something positive
                When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I hope they DON'T get taken over, but if they do, I would wish for AMD rather than Intel.

Comment

There's a strong rumor, that I was never able to verify, that ATI had intel engineers come in and work on some of their chips, like the 8500. That's when ATI was fast as hell out of nowhere.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

There were rumours also about R9700 being hand tuned by intel engineers.

As per AMD, AMD is in bed with nVidia wrt to chipsets at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                        !!! [gasps for air] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO...
                        Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
                        I agree with these posts!

Comment

**** that shit. they need a massive change of management. and their entire software department to get summarily fired.

****ing retards.
                          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                            There's a strong rumor, that I was never able to verify, that ATI had intel engineers come in and work on some of their chips, like the 8500. That's when ATI was fast as hell out of nowhere.
                            If that's the case why haven't they produced a decent graphics controller of their own
                            When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Perhaps that wasn't Intels goal? Perhaps they didn't want Nvidia dominating the place?

Comment

Working...
                              X