Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

great album generator (for web, hdd, ...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great album generator (for web, hdd, ...)

I just tried JAlbum to generate a web photo gallery, and it is a great piece of software:
    Create stunning online photo albums with jAlbum. Discover the most powerful web album making tool there is!

Features:
    • runs on any platform that supports Java 1.3
    • supports wide range of available albums to choose from (with parameters to customize)
    • large repository of additional albums: http://jrepository.engblom.org/ (from simple to flash-based!)
    • fully customizable albums using CSS
    • reads exif, iptc, or text file for comments
    • can perform filters on the image
    • built in ftp upload
    • FREE

Only downside I have found so far: no NEF support (Nikon RAW format).

Perhaps a suggestions for those on the lookout for some software like that?

I stepped up from Gallery Constructor, which is a nice software, but somewhat limited when it comes to customizing.

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

yeah its really good.
    been using it a while now too

Comment

Cool, I was just looking for something like this yesterday.

About NEF support - since all RAW formats are proprietary, third-party support is not always that good. Recently, Nikon started encrypting white balance information in their RAWs so that only their software can read it

Comment

True, third party support isn't always that good, but some programs seem to pull it off quite well (i.e. the "Gallery Constructor" mentioned in the post. It would just facilitate things (now I need a batch prcess to convert my NEFs before I can construct the gallery).
        I just think it is nice to know the limitations of softwares.

FWIW, Here is one I made (from a trip with the flying club, we went from Ostend to Bembridge, with a total of 7 planes: 2 Pipers, 2 Cessna, 1 private ULM, 1 private Beechcraft, and someone from the UK :

(it is made with JAlbum; I chose the 'BananAlbum', downloaded from the repository)

As far as the Nikon encryption goes, most likely Nikon will license the decryption algorithm in an SDK kit. While this means that larger companies will be able make their software work with NEFs (there is even some MicroSoft support NEF now in XP and promised in Longhorn), it does mean that we'll probabely see less smaller companie providing NEF support...

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
        X