Something to think about!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to think about!

It was Sunday July 3rd at 7am that I got a call from my sons best friend’s Ant, telling me that Aaron (14) was killed in an ATV accident. I just could not believe that this happened. Aaron’s mom wonted me to call around and tell his former teachers and classmates so they would know what happened to Aaron. The first thing I did was call my wife to let her know, so she could tell Ricky (13) what had happened to Aaron. Ricky was devastated by the news. Ricky and Aaron had one of those rare friendships that would have stood the test of time, they where more like brothers than friends. I received a call later in the day letting me know when the Rosary and the funeral would be held. So I started making calls again to let others from Manual School know what the arrangements where. By this time I was in total disbelief and was thinking this was a sick joke. You have no idea how much I wished it was! We went to the Rosary Tuesday night, that’s when it hit me that this horrible thing did happen. When driving home with Ricky we had a very long talk. He reminded me that the week before, Aaron had invited him over for the week of the 4th. Ricky told Aaron that he would be a camp that week and would come over the next week. We had told Ricky that he could spend some time with Aaron before he headed to NMMI for high school. So we would have let him go over to Aarons that week. I thank God that he was at camp! If Ricky would have been with Aaron, I know that he would have been on the back of that ATV with Aaron and I may have also gotten a call from the state police, telling me my son was killed or in the hospital. I hope I don’t sound too selfish, I loved and cared for Aaron like my own and will be morning him for a very long time. It was a joy to see Aaron grow! In the three short years we have known Aaron, he had grown into a fine young man. I know that Ricky and Aaron where good for each other and it’s sad that they will not be sharing there life’s experiences with each other. I know that Aaron would have grown into a fine man, and it’s sad for me not to be able to see it happen and it’s sad that Ricky will not have his best Bud around. I think the point that I’m trying to make is, you can’t keep your kids under lock and key, they must be able to grow and live life, what I’m saying is if you have someone you love, then at every opportunity let them know it. Spend lots of time with them, and when they ask to talk with you, take the time to hear what they are saying, I don’t think we do enough of that! We have no idea when our time will come, so live everyday like it may be your last and know what the important things in life are. This tragedy was a real eye opener for me! My one regret is I never told Aaron just how much I did care for him and now I will never have that opportunity! So don’t let that opportunity go by when you have it, you may never get that chance again.

Mark
    Time to make the wafers!
    Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
    jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

My deepest sympathies on your loss.

Chuck
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by Oboy
      My one regret is I never told Aaron just how much I did care for him and now I will never have that opportunity!

Mark
      If you treated him like your own son, then he already knows.

My deepest condolences on your loss.

Denis
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

So sorry to hear about that.
        My deepest condolences.

Comment

My deepest sympathies...

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

ah man. Really sorry about this and I wish you, Ricky and Aaron's family & friends all the strength you need. ;(

(Anyone fill me in what an ATV is pls?)
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

My sympathies and agreed Zokes. It says a lot that you realize how much this boy means to your family and took the time and effort to make him feel welcome.

@Umfriend, ATV = All Terrain Vehicle. They're like a four-wheeled dirt bike in a way.
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Deepest condolences....he will live forever in your heart!

Comment

Our condolences and prayers are with you and your family.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

My condolences Oboy.

Quite a few from Intel went to the services. I guess his Mom works here.
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

My thoughts are with you and your family Oboy.
                      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I'm very sorry Oboy. Very sad news.
                        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

My simpathies .

Comment

Working...
                          X