Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro book for digital SLR beginners

Hi

Just got my EOS 350D from the mailman, and I like it.

With this camera I'd like to get into Photography a little more (my experiences so far were limited to an old, analogue compact camera), and since I am, as expected, a little overwhelmed by all the features that camera has, I'm looking for a nice introduction book. Doesn't have to be for that specific camera, but it wouldn't hurt either.
    It should however be aimed at total amateurs, whithout being too simple (I want to really learn from the book, so I can build up on it)

The pictures are pretty amazing already, just with the preset functions, but I want more

btw, I can post some pics in a while, if you're interested, just have to wait till I have a PC that is connected to the camera and the web

Thanks,

Topha

Edit: The book can be either in German or English, hope that widens my choices a little
    Last edited by Topha; 7 July 2005, 07:27.

Try Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson.

Comment

Canon is working on a beginner DSLR site:
      キヤノンの公式グローバルサイトです。キヤノンのビジョン、経営戦略、事業領域、最新ニュースをはじめ、会社情報、投資家情報、サステナビリティ活動、およびキヤノン株式会社の採用情報などをご覧いただけます。

(but it is temporarily removed, see http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05...canonenjoy.asp )

These pages contain lots of definition and explanations to help you get started:
      Expert news, reviews and videos of the latest digital cameras, lenses, accessories, and phones. Get answers to your questions in our photography forums.

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Thanks

Already ordered the book, looks good. Thanks also for the links, something to look at until the book is being shipped (10 to 12 days )

Guess I'll be posting some pics in a couple of days

Topha

Comment

Here's another useful site:

Comment

Working...
          X