Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explosions in London (Bus and Tube) - Terrorists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explosions in London (Bus and Tube) - Terrorists?

Not sure yet what this is all about.

Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

It almost certainly looks terrorist, but there is no use speculating as to who is responsible; it could be any of a dozen organisations.

I see TB is staying safely in Scotland.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

There is absolutely no point in TB travelling back. Everything he needs to do he can from where he is, and if he doesn't come back it's one less thing that the emergency services, police etc have to worry about (the whole protect the PM type stuff).

Here's hoping that casualties are kept to a minimum. Also hoping that the regulars here that are from there are OK...
      ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Reporting safety now. Emailing everybody now. Hope everyone is OK.

J1NG

Comment

Most of the internet news sites are struggling under the load, as of 11:30 I'd read reports of 2 dead at Aldgate, possibly one from the bus and many injured. Traces of explosives had been found at one of the blast sites.

The Army has been called in to assist as well.
          Last edited by RichL; 7 July 2005, 04:21.
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Al-Q suspected 7 bombs so far. Web site from AL-Q confirms it although this maybe a fake. Thats a new flash by the way.
            I guess this means the extremists think they're now strong enougth to oeprate in this country now.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
              I guess this means the extremists think they're now strong enougth to oeprate in this country now.
              you'd be surprised how little it takes to make + plant a bomb.

I'm sure all the stuff is readily available onsite. it's probably a Brit that did it too. Not all Al Q'dans are Arabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
                you'd be surprised how little it takes to make + plant a bomb.

I'm sure all the stuff is readily available onsite. it's probably a Brit that did it too. Not all Al Q'dans are Arabs.
                Stop playing the pc crap with me. Doesn't matter which country they come from. These are evil people who need removing from society with all of there followers. PC helps protect these poeple
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

PC?

Em, You lost me there..

~~DukeP~~

Comment

@TP: of course; what did you think I meant?

@DukeP: PC= no idea???

Comment

PC = political correctness

Let's just hope whoever is to blame is caught soon...
                      As Kurt said, not much know-how is needed to construct explosives, and even relatively small explosives can cause much damage and injuries if placed strategically.

Timing is chosen to coincide with the G8, and comes the day after Londen has been chosen to host the 2012 olympics...
                      On the live coverage on BBC World, they were hinting at an Israeli link. One of their informants said it was known in those circles that something was up (Israeli minister of finance didn't show up at his meeting in Londen - prior to the first attack !).

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

PC = Politically Correct.

It probably was a Brit that did it, lots of 2nd/3rd generation immigrants from Islamic countries living over here who feel a closer affinity for the land of their forebears and would have no qualms about blowing things up.
                        Of course, in the old days, that would have been called Treason and they'd have been stood up against a wall and shot.
                        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Would it not be better to miss out all the speculation and report just known facts?
                          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                            Would it not be better to miss out all the speculation and report just known facts?
                            What, on the internet?

Comment

If people only posted facts, how would they slip in the anti-semitism? I mean, c'mon - if people only reported facts, nobody would have ever started that "no Jews showed up for work on 9/11" rumor - or the one about Israelis not coming to meetings in London today...
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                              X