Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

london, i thought i'd adreviate it but i missspelt it
      Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

I'm overwhelmed with joy.....

Tax rises here we come.

It's only 7 years away!!! Hope it gets organised properly.
        Last edited by Fluff; 6 July 2005, 05:14.

Comment

I can just imagine the security that'll be needed for an Olympics in Europe. Talk about a natural born target ! IMO for that reason alone they should have given it to Paris

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

This is a Good Thing because of the badly needed investment it will bring to the area.

Transport improvements alone will be worth the price.

I didn't think we would beat Paris, but I'm v. glad we did
            FT.

Comment

I'd have thought that towns would have done their utmost NOT to have the Olympics. The cost is so prohibitive with each place vying to outdo all the others, not to mention the security. Athens will be in debt for the rest of this century.

I avoid London as much as possible at all times but in 2012 it will be impossible, assuming that it comes to pass.

I'm glad I pay zero UK taxes. I've just removed all my UK assets, over the past month, to keep the UK taxman off my heels (closed bank accounts, surrendered insurance policies, sold off equities, gilts and bonds, even sold my £2 of Premium Bonds I held since 1957! Not a penny left!). Nothing to do with the Olympics but just a foretaste of a third Blair term and the war in Iran.
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

@Dr Mort: easier to quarantine an island.

I'm afraid for the athletes though. Oh well, I guess they'll bring their own food anyway

Comment

Woohoo! My NYC friends are very happy that the Olympics will not be held there.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Not surprised that NYC lost. A lot of New Yorkers (more than half according to polls I've seen) did not want the Olympics here. It might've been cool to have but would've been a nightmare in practice. But at least we got a cool NYC2012 subway map out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
                      @Dr Mort: easier to quarantine an island.

I'm afraid for the athletes though. Oh well, I guess they'll bring their own food anyway

Well if they keep away from the curry houses they'll be okay.
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well, to the rich goes the spoils.

I guess all the deserving countries couldnt afford the 200.000.000£ that Blair used on bribery.

There is NO ethics in the Olympics anymore. Its just a matter of how much money the boardmembers (and theres a lot) can amass in bribes.

If there WERE any ethics, then they would have givin the olympics to Moscow. Now THERES a city that could use some publicity.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

and London has effectively just been shut down....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4659093.stm along with a bus being blown up.

Edit: Bus info is only appearing on the radio at the moment so it may not be 100% correct.
                          Last edited by dbdg; 7 July 2005, 02:24.

Comment

It has just been confirmed that there were no surges on the national grid this morning....

Comment

All the London MURCers OK? I had to walk in to work, but otherwise unhurt Apparently it's the City that's worst affected. Just heard via a friend that they might evacuate the City (financial district)
                              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                              X