Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swing/Rockabilly fans are in for a treat....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing/Rockabilly fans are in for a treat....

The Brian Setzer Orchestra will be touring the US this winter and his small group, Brian Setzer & The Nashvillains, will be touring Europe this summer;

At our daughters recent wedding reception virtually all the music was swing, and it was the under-25 crowd that wanted it that way. Looks like the revival continues....

Any other swing fans out there?

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 July 2005, 20:30.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

uh... nep.

But that'll probably change when I find another girl to dance with. It ain't got that swing if you ain't got a partner!
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I recently learned how to swing and it is fun, although I'm more of a hip-hop dancing guy. In general I like to go out dancing with the ladies, so really it doesn't matter what the hell I'm listening too as long as it is danceable.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

I swing dance, a lot. 2-3 times a week. And I've already gone for weekends in San Francisco, Dallas, and St. Louis in the last year or so. I have a total blast with it. I also do some Latin dancing and I'm working on my tango.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hmm....methinks I also need to check the scheds. to see when the Cherry Poppin' Daddies are in town. That too would be a fun night out

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Rockabilly fan, love what Brian Setzer did/does (both Orchestra and Stray Cats), listen to a lot of other stuff though.

Comment

Eek. Not them. At least catch BBVD. Or get your hands on a Barbara Morrison CD.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Oh yeah...both of them are very good.

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is in my area on August 6th. They're in concert with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra at the Meadowbrook Music Festival.

Have to check out some tickets as that sounds like one rockin' night

Dr. Mordrid
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 July 2005, 01:23.
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                X