Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premeire 6.5 still image jitter

Hi all,
    I made a small still image project. I cropped the jpegs in photoshop to dvd standard. I imported the stills, added transitions, and exported using the adobe export at normal settings. Well I get this jitter or almost strobing on some of the images. What is causing this and is there a cure?
    asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
    4x512 1066 samsung Rambus Ram ( @533)
    120gb or 80 gb system maxtor (ata 133 ) ( removable caddie)
    240 gb ( with 8 mb buffer) raid-o
    250 gb (w/ 8 mb buffer) removable caddie ( plus 10 gb ghost,250 Gb,160 GB,40 Gb, etc)
    Sony Mutli Format DVD burner
    samsung 40x cdrw burner
    Santa Cruz Turtle Beach Soundcard
    Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
    Matrox Rt.x100
    Ati Radeon 9800 pro
    19" Nec Fe991sb crt / 17" Crystalscan / Tv monitor
    Antec Server case SX1040BII and 400 watt power supply
    Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

Are there any horizontal lines or other details of 1 or 2 pixels in height in the images? If so then it could well be "line twitter", which is frequently seen in interlaced video when displaying such small details.

Most people minimize the effect by applying a blur filter to images before using them in video. This applies not only to photos but also to graphics to be used as overlay graphics (lower thirds etc.) or bugs (those annoying corner graphics).

In Photoshop I most often apply a motion blur with an Angle of 90 degrees and a Distance of 1-2 pixels, but some also swear by a gaussian blur with a radius of 1 or so. Trial and error will give you something that works for you.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

No . it is an image of a couple in fount of a dark background. I am using a dissolve transition in and out and it strobes. Any other suggestions? And thanks for trying. You have been a help many times in the past. ( my sound card problems over a year ago would be one example, do you think the tutle beach is still the best vcard with the rt.x100?) I am still wondering how the adobe /macromedia thing will play out. Hopefully a new release of encore will be out before next april. Very tired of dvdit. Don't want to get encore before a new release. So playing the waiting game.
      asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
      4x512 1066 samsung Rambus Ram ( @533)
      120gb or 80 gb system maxtor (ata 133 ) ( removable caddie)
      240 gb ( with 8 mb buffer) raid-o
      250 gb (w/ 8 mb buffer) removable caddie ( plus 10 gb ghost,250 Gb,160 GB,40 Gb, etc)
      Sony Mutli Format DVD burner
      samsung 40x cdrw burner
      Santa Cruz Turtle Beach Soundcard
      Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
      Matrox Rt.x100
      Ati Radeon 9800 pro
      19" Nec Fe991sb crt / 17" Crystalscan / Tv monitor
      Antec Server case SX1040BII and 400 watt power supply
      Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

Comment

Working...
      X