Bad batch of Pinnacle DV200 packages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad batch of Pinnacle DV200 packages?

Bought a DV200 from Best Buy as the cheapest way to setup a friend with Premiere6 and DV editing ($300).

Install went fine untill the HollywoodFX installer asks for the serial number -- nowhere to be found in the box.

Pinnicale's website is broken and won't let me send Email to customer or tech support. I call their 1-888 number, navigate the damn voice mail system only to be told to place a toll call -- stuff it! This is going back.

I return the package to a differnet Best Buy location for exchange, but before I leave the store I check, sure enought no serial number sticker to be fouond on the CD sleave or anywhere in the box (Premiere is in a seperate shrink wrap which I didn't open the second time). I complain again to customer service. Their Tech support guru comes over and acts like I'm a code ID10T, so we go over to one of his computers and start the install -- stops at HollywoodFX and demands a serial number from the CD sleave or "quick start guide". None to be found. Like I did he tries the serial number from the 1394 card, of course it doesn't work. He opens the Premiere package, finds Premiere's serial number, of course it doesn't work here either.

I go to the head of the line and get my money back :-(

If you are thinking of taking advantage of this Pinnacle price reduction -- wait until www.pinnaclesys.com takes support Email again at the very least, as it seems there is a batch of disks out there without the serial number sticker.

--wally.

Working...
X