• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIT & Brazil: $100 linux laptops

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

You know if they do this I will be HIGHLY impressed. Who cares if they are slow clunkers the point is to get them into the kids hands. The state of Maine tried this a few years ago when my sister was in middle school and they could only afford it for a couple years. The original plan was for the kids to keep them and they would follow the kids through their careers through high school. They used some of the original clam shell ibooks. I'm not sure what happened but the kids moved on to high school and the computers stayed in the middle school. Still each attempt at this kind of thing teaches lessons for the next attempt. This can only get better
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

wow just imagine the tech support calls!

Comment

my requirements would be:
        able to run quake1
        able to run a word processor.
        and thats it.
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I ran Quake 1 on a 486DX4-100. honestly, the ability to run a modern word processor would be harder than makeing Q1 run on anything these days.
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
          X