Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB video card

I'm still amazed they managed to pull this off:

A USB 2.0 videocard that supports resolutions up to 1280 x 1024, 16 Bits.

Here is a review of it:

Currently only one such device is supported on a computer, but they are working on that. There will also be a MAC version of it (useful for: Mac Mini, ibook, ...).

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Amigas had video cards that worked through the clock port. No idea what res they managed probably 800*600.

Comment

Lol that thing is gonna suck.

Comment

Not only that, but it won't work on 99.99% of PC's. I mean, let's be honest here - the PC _needs_ a PCI or AGP card in the slot and hooked up in order to boot.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Hmm. Using a CPU dependant port to drive a monitor.

Brilliant!

Firewire maybe. :shudders:

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
            Not only that, but it won't work on 99.99% of PC's. I mean, let's be honest here - the PC _needs_ a PCI or AGP card in the slot and hooked up in order to boot.
            It's supposed to be for an additional monitor anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
              It's supposed to be for an additional monitor anyway.
              It's supposed to suck anyway?
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Mac had something like this that worked over the SCSI port to add colour graphics capabilities to those 9" monocrhome Macs. It was called SCSIgraph.

I wanted one for my Mac classic. But after running the #s I realised it was better to just get a new computer.
                P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

The ONLY place I could see this useful is a laptop, and honestly I'd rather get a portreplicator for the thing. Still it's impressive that they got it to work at all. The ubergeek in my wants one just to say I've used it.
                  Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Still I'd be far more impressed if it was DVI with a vga adapter
                    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Yawn....

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                        It's supposed to suck anyway?
                        Apparently, yes.

Comment

they used to sell PCMCIA video cards for laptops. their acctually is a market for having a second display device on laptops, even if they suck. no 3d acceleration, no overlays, just a basic low res graphics adaptor. i don't even think they had 2d acceleration.
                          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Given the fact that there are ultra portable laptops that don't have a second VGA port, or even a PCMCIA slot, I think there could be a market.

Also, if you just temporarily need a second monitor, it can easily be moved from one PC to another (provided the drivers are installed). Perhaps some companies might have uses for stuff like that...

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
                              they used to sell PCMCIA video cards for laptops. their acctually is a market for having a second display device on laptops, even if they suck. no 3d acceleration, no overlays, just a basic low res graphics adaptor. i don't even think they had 2d acceleration.
                              Yep:
                              Traveler
                              DTG
                              Easidock
                              VTbook

And they do have 3D even...

Comment

Working...
                              X