Bah! Undelete NTFS files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bah! Undelete NTFS files

Bah, I've just lost my copy of R-Studio and somehow managed to delete 12GB of data in the same morning....
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

I would suggest you to try O&O UnErase. There`s a trial version, and i think it`s only time limited.
    O&O Software develops award-winning windows software for PC-optimization, data imaging, backup, secure data deletion, data recovery and administration.
    Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Ok, there are two classes of uneraser for XP/2K. This is very weird, so please pay attention.

There are the "standard class unerasers", including but not limited to:

- O&O Unerase
      - Executive Unerase (from the makers of Diskkeeper)

And then there are the "heavy duty unerasers", which include:

- EZ Recovery (Ontrack)
      - O&O DiskRecovery
      - Restorer 2000

The first group is ... not all that useful. If you've done anything with the drive, they often won't see data. Even if you haven't done anything with the drive, unless you just threw the files away and went "shit!" you're still probably out of luck. I highly recommend going with the second group - note that O&O is on there... odd how they have an entry in both categories...

Or you could PM me about Restorer 2000, which is my personal favorite. Note that EZ Recovery doesn't usually work on SATA drives. (They're working on a new version...)
      Last edited by Gurm; 1 July 2005, 04:59.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Thanks for the info Gurm. Fortunately i only needed an unerase tool once (it was my fault, the first stupid thing i`ve done related to spyware/virii/unkown apps), and O&O UnErase, thankfully, recovered 99% of the deleted files. Tho i ran it a couple of mins after the shit hit the fan, so that`s probably the reason for the high recovery rate.
        Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Originally posted by omegaRED
          Thanks for the info Gurm. Fortunately i only needed an unerase tool once (it was my fault, the first stupid thing i`ve done related to spyware/virii/unkown apps), and O&O UnErase, thankfully, recovered 99% of the deleted files. Tho i ran it a couple of mins after the shit hit the fan, so that`s probably the reason for the high recovery rate.
          Yup. I don't know what the issue is with NTFS, or with these programs, but it's my experience that although the files might be there, unmolested, not overwritten... that the casual undeleters just DON'T SEE THEM if any substantial time (several hours, overnight, etc.) has passed... and the serious undeleters can bring them right back regardless. I don't know if it's really an NTFS issue, or an XP issue, or just a "poorly written undeleters" issue. No idea.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
          X