Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video UpsideDown on Playback???

Hi Folks,

Having a bit of weirdness over here (so what else is new hehe). If I capture using PC-VCR remote, everything works fine. If I capture using virtualdub (huffyuv codec), it looks fine while capturing but the video image is upside-down on the catpured avi.

Hmmmm...any suggestions?

Thanks
    -funsoul
    mmedia pc: 2x2.4/533 xeons@3.337ghz, asus pc-dl, 2g pc3500 ddram, 27g primary, 2x120 WD's, promise fastrack100, matrox g400-tv, hercules soundcard Server box: p4 1.4GHz, asus p4t, 1g ecc rdram, 27.3g primary, 3x80g maxtors, promise fastrack66, radeon ve, soundblaster Beat box: p3 500, asus p3bf6, 1024meg pc100, 45g primary, 3x45g maxtors, soundblaster, radeon ve, dazzle vcII

I hear this is a common problem in Australia...

Comment

d'oh! Yep...I've heard that, too. Here in nyc it should be ok, though. ;-)

Any ideas?
      mmedia pc: 2x2.4/533 xeons@3.337ghz, asus pc-dl, 2g pc3500 ddram, 27g primary, 2x120 WD's, promise fastrack100, matrox g400-tv, hercules soundcard Server box: p4 1.4GHz, asus p4t, 1g ecc rdram, 27.3g primary, 3x80g maxtors, promise fastrack66, radeon ve, soundblaster Beat box: p3 500, asus p3bf6, 1024meg pc100, 45g primary, 3x45g maxtors, soundblaster, radeon ve, dazzle vcII

Comment

Alrighty - enough of the Aussie jokes!

There is certainly something weird happening, just turn your monitor upside down - problem fixed!

Rod

(sorry, but I couldn't resist)

Comment

Well it had me checking my international diary to see whether April Fools Day occurs later in the month in other areas of the world

In short, I've never heard of this phenomenum (sp ?) before, but it sounds likely that one of the Vdub parameters has got screwed up somehow. Not being a Vdub diva, I wouldn't know which one...

Comment

Yup...bizarre

To make the story a tad weirder...if I open the upside-down avi in virtualdub or premiere, it mysteriously appears right-side up again.

Weird.

Comment

The reason is that some codecs store/paint the picture from top to bottom, and others from bottom to top. Because some programmers do not read the avi specs properly. Different playback programs use different codecs, and it sometimes happen that the codec used to create the avi does not store the pictures the same way the playback codec reads them. One of them is wrong, of course, by not following the specs written by Microsoft.
              If I remember correctly (I read this quite a while ago), in an avi file, pictures should be stored from bottom to top, unless the vertical picture dimension declared in the file header has a negative value.
              Michka
              I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
              If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

Wow...I never knew that. Interesting. I wonder which codec does that. Tried with other codecs (other than huffyuv) and had the same inverted results.

Comment

Working...
                X