concerts of the strange kind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concerts of the strange kind

I got a strange invitation on friday: to an "illegal" concert. why illegal? the building is supposedly not safe (well, being burnt down 5 years ago or so does affect the stability a bit) and more or less private property... anyway, the artists found a piano in there some time ago and decided to give it a try - voila.

not much to say about the first pic - in earlier times the hall was covered by a roof. where the piano is standing now there was a pool once, which could be covered to create a nice dancefloor...

impressions, taken while walking around a bit:

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Wow, that's pretty cool.
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

that's very nice.
      would have liked to been a spectator
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Yeah, definitely would have liked to be there.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

really nice pictures.

I have been once in strange concert, that acoustics were provided by the mother nature. (there was a gulf of lake that was surrounded several meters high granite rocks, so basically the gulf worked like gigantic amplifier. the performers were standing on raft in the middle of the gulf and didn't have any mics or amplifiers.)

...too bad that I don't have pictures about it.
          "Dippadai"

Comment

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

thanks guys. being there was great. well, at least I began feeling comfortable again after some time - after all, it was more or less some kind of break-in.

was nice to have time (wrong: to simple take the time) for some photography after all the work during the last weeks/months.

mfg
              wulfman

ps.: just registered at deviantart. nothing really new up there at the moment, will change over time.
              "Lobsters?"

Comment

thats very cool, i wish there were historical places like that around where i live
                www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
                  thats very cool, i wish there were historical places like that around where i live
                  you would love vienna.

mfg
                  wulfman
                  "Lobsters?"

Comment

So true, Vienna = <3.

Comment

I spent one whole day in Vienna while I was on tour with a youth orchestra (yeah ... wish it was longer). Beautifully ornate old palaces, cathedrals, monuments etc.. I even got to eat an old favorite, Zacher torte, at it's creation point, the Café Zacher. I've got to make it back their some day and do some more touring on my own.
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

you can even order "sachertorte", as far as I know they ship worldwide.

mfg
                        wulfman
                        "Lobsters?"

Comment

Yeah, Vienna's a beautiful city, but everyone who lives there's a Wiener.

Comment

Working...
                          X