this has happened to me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this has happened to me!

I was presenting a new project tracking system that I'd developed with a small team of department reps to the rest of the engineering team. This one a**hat engineer dominated the presentation by saying that he'd lost an email he was composing once when Outlook crashed and he refused to use this new system unless he had a 100% guarantee that it would save every keystroke he made so he could be sure he wouldn't lose anything. This guy was a total idiot. I think he got his degree from a Cracker Jack box. In fact, he was the laughing stock of all the other engineers because he was so dumb. Management loved him because he "spoke their language" and he quickly rose to a senior engineering position.

Anyway, the project failed. I got paid regardless. Life lessons...
    Attached Files
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

So you worked for Initech?

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
      So you worked for Initech?
      IniTRODE. Please.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Plot Summary for
        Office Space (1999)

Peter Gibbons, thanks to a hypnotic suggestion, decides not to go to work at the same time his company is laying people off. When layoffs affect his two best friends, they conspire to plant a virus that will embezzle money from the company into their account.

Summary written by Foggy

Peter Gibbons just can't seem to catch a break. His girlfriend is cheating on him, he has an obnoxious neighbor, and he's completely miserable with his job as a small cog in a company called Initech. Then he visits a hypnotherapist, who dies just after putting Peter into a state of complete bliss. Free of worrying about making a living, he no longer feels the need to keep his job, just as the company is going through a massive downsizing. However, his new attitude only makes him more valuable in the company's eyes, and his friends Michael and Samir are fired instead. Together, they scheme to plant a virus inside Initech's computer system that will pull money into their own account.

Summary written by rmlohner

Comment

I know. But there were several companies in the movie. It was a joke that they were all the same, all interchangeable. Initech, Initrode, etc.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
            Plot Summary for
            Office Space (1999)

Peter Gibbons, thanks to a hypnotic suggestion, decides not to go to work at the same time his company is laying people off. When layoffs affect his two best friends, they conspire to plant a virus that will embezzle money from the company into their account.
            I've seen the movie a million times and dont remember him getting hypnotized....lol have to watch it again
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Dude, how could you have missed that?!

Comment

When I was in High School I worked at Canadian Tire for a few years. The Store Manager was an ****at just like Ratbert is here. I didn't let him get to me thought because I knew that 14 hour days, 6 days a week, as a Store Manager of a Crappy Tire was all he'd ever amount to, while I still had my whole life ahead of me.

Comment

Working...
                X