• Show
Clear All

• Dept of Homeland Security & Dell etc.

You've gotta read this one

Comments?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Is Dell selling computers with keyboard loggers installed?

Fake.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

just the fact that they call the PIC16F876 a programmable interrupt Controller makes it fake.. it is a microcontroller and no engineering person I know would have ever called it anything else
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Yeah, although I think the name PIC derives from that. Also, the board looks definitely hand-soldered.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Although browsing around that site does lead you to this rather fantastic picture:

FT.

Comment

That is from Norway.. A fjord in Rogaland county, been there done that.
            JD
            Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

my question is... why would the keylogger be spliced directly to the "integrated ethernet board"?
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
                my question is... why would the keylogger be spliced directly to the "integrated ethernet board"?
                so it can pass on the keystrokes through the internet I suppose.. If dell really wanted to do this, chances are it would be build onto the motherboard so nobody would ever figure it out
                We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by James_D
                  That is from Norway.. A fjord in Rogaland county, been there done that.
                  JD
                  Being someone who finds just standing on a ladder unpleasant, I find that picture highly offensive.

Comment

Having seen lots of Wile E Coyote cartoons, I would go and snatch her off that thing before she fell to her doom..

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                      Having seen lots of Wile E Coyote cartoons, I would go and snatch her off that thing before she fell to her doom..
                      Everything reminds you of snatch.
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Well, it's hard to tell at a distance, but hers does look snatchable.

Ah, the guilty ulterior motives of heroism.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                          Yeah, although I think the name PIC derives from that. Also, the board looks definitely hand-soldered.

AZ
                          From Wikipedia

Microchip Technology does not use PIC as an acronym; in fact the brand name is PICmicro. It is generally regarded that PIC stands for Peripheral Interface Controller, although General Instruments' original acronym for the PIC1650 was "Programmable Intelligent Computer".
                          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

The hoax is pretty simple.
                            All pictures and even most text is taken from www.dansdata.com (a rather nice australian, btw).

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Originally posted by DukeP
                              The hoax is pretty simple.
                              All pictures and even most text is taken from www.dansdata.com (a rather nice australian, btw).

~~DukeP~~
                              Nah, I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X