Web-based file splitter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web-based file splitter?

My situation: I have acces to free cafe at uni, with very high speed acees to the net, so it's generally good to download something/store something at Gmail/send soemthing to somebody. Only problem with two latter - the config in cafe is uber-restrictive, so I can't run anything mine (and yes, no file splitter installed). So...does there exist some kind of file splitter that workd, I don't know, from the webpage/inside a browser (perhaps similar to the way Gmail is of course a webpage, but does a lot on the side of client...). Preferably compatible with Total Commander way of splitting large files...

How about this?

Grab the one that does not use an installer and extract the executable from the zip file. Do the machines(s) that you use have an unzipping program at least?

Comment

I tried something like that already (though not with file splitting in mind) - it won't work. Any alien executable won't run on these machines. Web-based thing (I dunno, if Google menaged to do Gmail, which supposedly does a lot on the client side, then why file splitter would be a problem?), running from inside a browser, is the only way I can imagine...
      (or perhaps some ftp service to which you can upload data (transfer speed isn't a problem, 30MB downloads/uploads in minute, and in next year we're going to have 10x that) and then they split them and you can download them? I doubt something like that exist, but...)

edit: or maybe there's some way of using for this built in tools/command line from win2k?
      Last edited by Nowhere; 24 June 2005, 02:46.

Comment

Working...
      X