"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

AFI'S 100 Years...100 Movie Quotes: America's Greatest Quips, Comebacks and Catchphrases

The American Film Institute (AFI) revealed the top movie quotes of all time in AFI's 100 Years...100 Movie Quotes, a three-hour special television event on CBS hosted by actor and action star Pierce Brosnan with commentary from many of Hollywood's most celebrated actors and filmmakers. A jury of 1,500 film artists, critics and historians selected "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn," spoken by Clark Gable in the celebrated Civil War epic, GONE WITH THE WIND as the most memorable movie quote of all time.
    here's the complete list: http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/quotes.aspx

Ahnold is on #76, so get your own impression about that list.

R.
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Mine would have been, "Here's looking at you, kid", not only because of the quote itself but because Casablanca is more like a good film and less like a Hollywood epic, such as GWTW
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

The problem is that there are an AWFUL lot of old people right now. The baby boomers are all retired and getting way up there.

So it doesn't surprise me that a disproportionate percentage of the population finds GWTW more memorable than Terminator.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Here's one I like is a heavy dutch accent

"My dear officer... you can't even give me a parking ticket.... so who is the d**khead now eh?"

LOL

Comment

a lot of the quotes are just dumb.
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

These are movie buffs voting. They have actually seen older movies, so it doesn't matter if they are 10 or 100.

I'm surprised nothing got in there from Jaws. Just about everything Quint said was memorable.

Comment

#35 | You're gonna need a bigger boat. | JAWS | 1975
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Ah.. missed that. Well that wasn't Quint. I would dare em to put his whole USS Indianapolis speech in there. Robert Shaw wrote that himself, you know.. he shoulda gotten an oscar for that performance.. wasn't even nominated, though.

Jaws quotes: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073195/quotes
                Last edited by KvHagedorn; 23 June 2005, 10:00.

Comment

Some of those... wow, never would have ranked them in that order. I can see the GWTW quote winning out, but come on, no Die Hard quotes?

"Yippee-ki-yay, motherf..."
                  “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I can't beleive they didnt have any quotes from Princess Bride or the Monty Python films.
                    Obviously not an internet survey
                    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS *beep*ing COUCH!

Comment

what film is that from?

Comment

The Thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X