Sound card install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound card install

Hi I'm posting this as a separate thread as it is a different, albiet, related question. I removed my SB Live MP3 and installed an older ISA SB16 to see if it resolved stuttering pblms. Now when I play the clip the stuttering is even worse and the audio sounds as if its underwater. Gurggling and garbled. It is sitting on IRQ 5 alone and the G400 is on 10 alone. I did have to go to the website for drivers because a .dll was not found on the Win98se CD. Anyone have a clue? Thanks Leslie
    Bhanga

You might have some leftover SBLive files and/or registry entries in there fouling the water.

Before installing any other drivers I'd delete all registry entries put in there by Creative, assuming it's the only Creative device you have installed.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hi How do I check for these left overs in the registry? Haven't done that before. I should have been suspicious when there was no uninstall. I "removed"them from the device manager. Thanks Leslie
      Bhanga

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Leslie Davidson:
        Hi How do I check for these left overs in the registry? </font>
        First, check to see if there is an uninstall feature for the sblive card. Also, check Creatives website to see if they have a file remover utility for their installs.

Lastly, go to start>run, and type "regedit".
        Search for "creative", "sblive", etc. Delete the entries (assuming that this is the only Creative device you have).

If the regedit fouls up your system for some reason, exit to DOS and type "scanreg /restore" and load yesterdays registry.

Comment

Working...
        X