Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free memory key

I'll belive it when i get it, but it is worth a try
    Anyway, it seems they ship it wherever you live, as they will send it to me, in norway

Thank you for registering. Thank you for ordering your complimentary memory key. We're sure you'll find it full of insights and information...Your memory key will be on its way to you shortly.
    IBM

To me too. But...what if it's read-only?

Comment

I signed up for one. What's the original page? I only saw the "you'll find it chock full of blah blah blah".
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

I've found this. 32 MB apparently. Not bad for me, since lately I've been desperately in need of ANY usb key (I think I'll order few...do you think it's better to order them to differrent adresses? ). Too bad it wasn't up some two months ago...
        Last edited by Nowhere; 24 June 2005, 04:46.

Comment

Wonder if this is the thing...

mhmm...retro-look (not bad at all...I'm tired of all those "cool looking" gadgets)

(and you know, I have wild idea for ubersysadmins or something: get a bunch of them and carry them in the thing from third photo )

edit: please point out in PM (in PM!!! - and this edit will be edited out) my grammar errors and such...somehow important
          Attached Files

Comment

I guess I'll wait and see if I get one or not :-\
            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

"Historically", everything free I ordered from IBM came...and no spam, etc. attached.

Comment

Ok looks like the people on FatWallet have started getting theirs - quickly, too.

It's a 32mb key, with 25mb available - 7mb is used up by a read-only partition with IBM technical documents on it. The folks over there are too clueless to repartition it. So apparently IBM is in fact making good on this particular offer. I'll let you know when/if mine shows up.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Hmmm...now only to come up with more adresses (or...perhaps IBM doesn't compare them? :> )

Comment

I ordered one.. though 32MB is pretty small by todays standards
                    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
                      ... though 32MB is pretty small by todays standards
                      Probably someone came to conclusion that it's the best thing to do with equipment taking warehouse space, which they can't sell...
                      Last edited by Nowhere; 28 June 2005, 07:14.

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
                        I ordered one.. though 32MB is pretty small by todays standards
                        Hey they have to unload the 32mb flash chips SOMEHOW.

It's not their fault that in the space of a year, the average size of these things has gone from 16MB to 512MB!

Comment

Are people still waiting?
                          I am..

Comment

Originally posted by M|x
                            Are people still waiting?
                            I am..
                            I wouldn't call what I'm doing waiting.. more like when it shows up nifty.. otherwise.... *shrug*
                            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Claymonkey
                              I wouldn't call what I'm doing waiting.. more like when it shows up nifty.. otherwise.... *shrug*
                              ditto.
                              FT.

Comment

Working...
                              X