Dell selling $99 Laser Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell selling $99 Laser Printer

Not bad. Hope it brings down the other laser printers.

Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Ars article on it
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

So how come it's $149 up here in the north? At the current exchange rate, it should be $122.50.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Plus duty perhaps?, though I thought there was a North American Free Trade Association happening
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Hmmm - $65 / 2000 page cartridge - that's 3.25 cents per page for toner.

I bought a (refurbished) Lexmark Optra M412 five years ago for $599. The toner cartridges are $175, for a 17K page cartridge, or about 1 cent per page. (this printer came with a "low yield" cartridge - only 5000 pages) My printer also has ethernet and postscript, and is usable with Linux, Mac, Windows, IRIX, etc. (It also has Centronics and USB, plus it's 1200DPI, has a 500-sheet bin and the ability to add other bins, etc.)

This Dell printer will be more expensive after 10 cartridges are purchased ($100 + $650 gets 21000 pages, whereas for mine $600 + 175 gets 22000 pages).

It's always a bad plan to look at the base price of the printer without considering the cost of toner and other ongoing costs.

- Steve

Comment

Originally posted by spadnos

This Dell printer will be more expensive after 10 cartridges are purchased ($100 + $650 gets 21000 pages, whereas for mine $600 + 175 gets 22000 pages).

It's always a bad plan to look at the base price of the printer without considering the cost of toner and other ongoing costs.
            Depends how the printer is used. I think out of all the printers I've had I only replace the ink cartage about 3-4 time max over its life span. The print catrages I have in my HP haven't been replaced in over a year and half. Then again I dont print all that much and this printer would be great for me...as long as its not huge
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
              Depends how the printer is used. I think out of all the printers I've had I only replace the ink cartage about 3-4 time max over its life span. The print catrages I have in my HP haven't been replaced in over a year and half. Then again I dont print all that much and this printer would be great for me...as long as its not huge
              heh - I forgot to put in the disclaimer "if you don't expect to use it for more than X pages, then get the cheaper one"

- Steve

Comment

Working...
              X