Famke Janssen .... Jean Grey/Phoenix
    Vinnie Jones .... Cain Marko/Juggernaut
    James Marsden .... Scott Summers/Cyclops
    Ian McKellen .... Eric Lensherr/Magneto
    Rebecca Romijn-Stamos .... Mystique
    Patrick Stewart .... Professor Charles Xavier

Xmen 3 will be cool with the Juggernaut and the Phoenix

HOTTIE ALERT: Maggie Grace/ShadowCat

Looks like RR-Stamos/Mystique has some competition!

I'd wouldn't mind shadowing her cat

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 June 2005, 11:22.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
      HOTTIE ALERT: Maggie Grace/ShadoCat

I'd wouldn't mind shadowing her cat

Dr. Mordrid
      OMG!!

She is a hottie!!!!!

Comment

But Kelsey Grammer as BEAST? WTF??

About those production credits;

Director: Brett Ratner (Red Dragon, Rush Hour 2/3)

(Bryan Singer moved on the the upcoming Superman movie)

Screenplay: Zak Penn (X2, Elektra, Suspect Zero)
        Writer: Simon Kinberg (Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Fantastic 4)

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 June 2005, 11:38.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

well he's going to be in a furry costume anyway so maybe his voice hit the spot?? who knows.

Comment

He is desperate to break out of type, I guess.

What do you have to do to get the job of applying blue latex to a naked Rebecca Romijn?

Comment

Holy crap, she's a year younger than me. She doesn't look 21... I thought 25. But that isn't a knock against her, cause she's damn fine.
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Beast will at LEAST be a costume, if not entirely CGI. In fact, he was scrapped from the first two X-Men because they didn't have good enough CGI at the time to pull it off.

As for Kelsey Grammer - Beast is SUPPOSED to have that "I'm much smarter than you and I know it" smug attitude, I think KG is perfect for that.

I am disappointed that there's no mention of Colossus, though. He was in X2 very briefly... *sniff*

Plus... where are Rogue and Iceman? I think this is not a complete list, hmm?
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Speaking of Rogue, didn't she have super human powers and flight capabilities she stole from another mutant?

I would also like to see Gambit and Apocolypse

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
                    Speaking of Rogue, didn't she have super human powers and flight capabilities she stole from another mutant?

I would also like to see Gambit and Apocolypse
                    Yeah. They've monkeyed (clearly) with the X-Men timeline a bit for these movies, but then again the "timeline" stretches from 1965 to the present day, and Cyclops is still in his 30's.

Yes, Rogue ... well, if I recall correctly she permanently takes someone's powers at one point, and is all broken up about it for a long time. I'm not sure if she does it in defense or by accident, I just don't remember but probably ought to go look it up. But she completely drains another mutant, acquiring their powers permanently.

Gambit was a bit of an oddity. I'm still unclear on exactly how it is that he and Rogue were able to get busy without him dying or her turning into a kinetic-charger.

As for Apocalypse, I'd say that the enemies are the hardest thing to pick out in these movies. I mean, if you really follow the X-Men, it's clear that every enemy they face kills them. They've all died countless times now. For the movies, you need enemies that are interesting and tough, but don't obliterate the entire team (or any of them, really). That rules out any of the intergalactic weirdos, Apocalypse, the Geonoshan (am I spelling that right) menace, the Sentinels... the list goes on.
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Rogue takes her powers from Miss Marvel who gets put into a permanent coma. She did it because she used to work with Mystique who was her adopted mom. At least that's what I remember from the cartoon. Can't remember if they changed it from the comics.
                      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Rogue was working as a thief with Mystique. Miss Marvel interrupted a theft, and Rogue held on to her for so long that not only did she gain those powers permanently, Rogue thought she was Miss Marvel for a while.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

That's exactly what I remember, just didn't know why the movie took a different path for some of the XMEN.

Regards,
                          Elie

Comment

The movie hasn't contradicted TOO much. *snicker*

No seriously, what happened is that they all sat down and decided on a relatively compelling storyline, and then rearranged things to get as many of everyone's favorite X-Men into the thing as possible. I mean, Storm being part of the original team is just silly, but hey.

Comment

Yeah. I dislike that they skipped playboy-Nightcrawler and went straight to pious-Nightcrawler.

It would have been cool if Deathstrike got to have some personality.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X