Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adobe premeire rtx100

Hi,
    I have a rt.x100 and premeire 6.5. I am doing a fresh install and am wondering if the new premeire is better. It has a different matrox build. I can get the collection at academic price ( I work at a University) Do you know if adobe plans to release another version? I would hate to purchase right before another release. Is the pro version of after effects worth it? One version has photshop sc2.5 and the pro version of after effects, the other is cheaper and has the regular version of after effects. What do you like as editer ( adobe , sony, etc) and what do you like for authoring? Any rt.x100 owners, I would love your input.
    asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
    4x512 1066 samsung Rambus Ram ( @533)
    120gb or 80 gb system maxtor (ata 133 ) ( removable caddie)
    240 gb ( with 8 mb buffer) raid-o
    250 gb (w/ 8 mb buffer) removable caddie ( plus 10 gb ghost,250 Gb,160 GB,40 Gb, etc)
    Sony Mutli Format DVD burner
    samsung 40x cdrw burner
    Santa Cruz Turtle Beach Soundcard
    Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
    Matrox Rt.x100
    Ati Radeon 9800 pro
    19" Nec Fe991sb crt / 17" Crystalscan / Tv monitor
    Antec Server case SX1040BII and 400 watt power supply
    Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

THAT is a major point of contention.

Since the most recent driver updates are for PPro one would normally think that's the way to go, but there is more to be considered than just driver updates.

The first is do you have the time to learn a totally new paradigm of editing with Premiere Pro? It's a TOTALLY different setup than P 6.5 and most ways of doing things are radically different. Some could even be called ill-conceived while others are brilliant. I participated in the original PPro beta and still scratch my head at some of the choices they made, even over the objections of the beta team

Another thing to consider is that PPro is much more demanding on system resources than P 6.5. Your system looks like it can handle it, but lemme tell you that without the hardware assist of the RT.X100 PPro can be a major pain even on a relatively fast system.

Then there is the conformed audio factor. Whenever PPro loads in audio it "conforms" it to 32 bit and these files get stored on the HDD. I've heard of some projects where the total size of conformed files exceeded 10 gigs, so where you elect to store these files is something to be taken seriously.

In short: it's a mixed bag and changing over will take a major investment in re-learning much of what you currently do and how you set up your system.

Also: how long has it been since Premiere Pro 1.5 came out? Adobe isn't known for free updates

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 June 2005, 10:48.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Its been over a year since 1.5 was released. Nothing was mentioned at Nab that I saw. Thanks for the input. A lot of things to consider. I didn't know they were that different. And the bigger audio files are a small consideration. What do you use for authoring? Dvdit pe is not that great. ( want tv preview of the menu) Also what is the difference between after effects standard and pro?

Although I think I've decided to hold off on the 1.5. I might get another authoring program.
      asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
      250 gb (w/ 8 mb buffer) removable caddie ( plus 10 gb ghost,250 Gb,160 GB,40 Gb, etc)
      samsung 40x cdrw burner
      Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
      Matrox Rt.x100
      Ati Radeon 9800 pro
      Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

Comment

Premiere Pro 1.5 and RT.X100 is a good combination, have been using it since Premiere 1.5 was released.
        Adobe is working on the next version of Premiere I believe it's version 2.0 so if you want to upgrade, I would wait until 2.0 is out.

I use Encore DVD1.51 to author all my DVD's with great success, in fact 1.51 supports Dual Layer and my wedding project was so long that I had to use a DL disc which include 1.5 hours of footage and all the montages, motion menus etc.

Again you may want to wait for the next version of Encore as well, I heard good things about it

Anyway, I personally didn't like DVDit from the get go! The application was just too limited compared to Encore.

Regards,
        Elie

Comment

DVDiT is limited compared to about anything.

Yes: new builds of PP and Encore are coming, but that's all I can say about it.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
            DVDiT is limited compared to about anything.

Yes: new builds of PP and Encore are coming, but that's all I can say about it.

Dr. Mordrid

I will wait and see. I can get it at academic price and I've heard good things about encore. Hopefully it won't be to long. Thanks for the info. Hope all is well.
            asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
            samsung 40x cdrw burner
            Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
            Matrox Rt.x100
            Ati Radeon 9800 pro
            Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

Comment

Also consider that this is the "upgrade season", so a lot of Encores competitors will also be coming out with new builds. If at all possible I'd muster some patience and see how it all shakes out.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                Also consider that this is the "upgrade season", so a lot of Encores competitors will also be coming out with new builds. If at all possible I'd muster some patience and see how it all shakes out.

Dr. Mordrid
                Great advice Dr Mordrid. I will wait and ponder. I think the new version of encore will be worth it. I just hate DVDit pe soo much. Thanks for the help.
                asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
                samsung 40x cdrw burner
                Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
                Matrox Rt.x100
                Ati Radeon 9800 pro
                Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

Comment

Working...
                X