X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a tester using Opera

For those who have Opera running could you check out:

You should be able to...
    click the cyan part and drag the box around. Which should also stay in place as you scroll.
    click on 01, 02, 0103 (anywhere in it's area, not just the text) and have "menus" appear and disappear

So far it seems to work correctly in Firefox and Safari, but not IE (I don't really care, but I suppose I should get it to work there as well)

Thanks,
    Thien
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Didn't work here, it tried to load the page but I stopped it after a couple minutes. As you mentioned, it came right up in firefox.
    Opera build tested was 7.54u2.
    Just a month left of grad school!

Comment

Actually I'm confused as to why *nothing* shows up in IE or Opera. I would think unformatted text would just be plopped on the screen.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Just tested in Opera 8.01. I only get 2 empty squares on the page and nothing moves... Oh in the large square there is a text : "This is some stuff"
        System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Almost the same here (8.01) - only large square.

Comment

Does this work without any of the javascript?

It's supposed to look like this:

Thanks again guys

Comment

Opera 8.01
              Attached Files

Comment

Opera 7.54u2. There are two boxes. The smaller blue box stays on the page when scrolling. The smaller box is outside of the larger box only when the window size is small.

dshumake

Comment

Forgot that I had the blue box's location in pixels not percentage, so its location relative to the big box will depend on browser size. That's okay.

But why nothing shows up inside the blue box is odd, because this is just css at this point, and it now works in IE.

Comment

From W3C, there are more but this should gve you a starting point.

Line 25, column 39: value of attribute "id" invalid: "0" cannot start a name

<div class="menu2" id="01" style="visibility: hidden;">

It is possible that you violated the naming convention for this attribute. For example, id and name attributes must begin with a letter, not a digit.

Line 32, column 43: value of attribute "id" invalid: "0" cannot start a name

<div class="menu3" id="0103" style="visibility: hidden;">

It is possible that you violated the naming convention for this attribute. For example, id and name attributes must begin with a letter, not a digit.

Line 38, column 39: value of attribute "id" invalid: "0" cannot start a name

<div class="menu2" id="02" style="visibility: hidden;">

Comment

Okay I validated both the XML and CSS. Does the menutest.htm and/or menutest-nojs.htm work in Opera now? It doesn't in IE because I think the javascript is preventing it from loading. Maybe same problem for Opera.

Thanks

Comment

Hey, I just found out my school has a site license for Opera. Guess I'll install it on a couple 'puters then.

Comment

Still doesnt work on Opera 8.01. Same thing that dbdg posted...
                          System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Sorry to az and all Opera supporters, but at this point it works on all browsers except Opera and I'm not going to spend any more time trying to figure it out.

Basically it seems like it won't draw the boxes inside the "fixed" blue box if I have their position set to absolute. If I take that off then it draws the boxes but not inside the blue box. Maybe it's drawing them somewhere off screen?!? Dunno and starting to not care unless someone can shed some light on the issue.
                            Last edited by TnT; 23 June 2005, 12:49.

Comment

Have a post on the Opera forums, maybe they can figure out what's wrong and either tell you it's a bug in Opera or your code, and maybe help you code around it

Shouldn't take you much time, they do all the work

AZ
                              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                              X