Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• portable printer

Hello,

I seem to recall a portable printer only a couple of cm high and wide; and having the same width as an A4 paper. The paper was just passed through this 'brick', and could be printed on (there was no sheetfeeder, it printed one page at a time, but was very portable).

Do such portable printers still exist?
    Which manufacturer?
    If not, what are the best alternatives?

Has a company already licensed this technology: http://www.printdreams.com ?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Yeah, you should be able to find those. Searching for laptop printers would bring up choices.

Canon has a portable photo line, I know.
    Canon's tiny i70 portable printer measures just 12.1x6.7x1.9 inches, but it delivers big results with vivid colors, fine detail, and natural skin tones at a maximum resolution of 4800x1200 dpi.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

No no, I think he means like the size of a paper towel tube - I don't think they ever got QUITE that small. A little bigger, though, and you'd be right on target. They got down to like 4-6"x2"x12" or some such.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Check out the HP 300 series and 400 series. Those are their portable models.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I found that Pentax makes a thermal transfer one, sized 1.18" x 10.04" x 2.17", weighing 1.12 LB with Battery (for 40-50 pages)...
          Citizen also used to have thermal transfer printers of similar sizes (but they have ceased production).

The canon model (p90 or so) is sold as being portable, but once you include battery and such, it suddenly is much less portable... Colour is not that important, portability is the main thing. Still, thermal transfer has a number of downsides...

That printdreams technology I pointed to would be perfect (I don't need a perfect alignment on the paper): a printer the size of mouse...

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Thanks for the info...

Hmm, the Canon iP90 seems to beat the HP 450 in virutally every field...

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

Working...
            X