Drew's News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew's News

Okay, a few items of news. They're biggies, so hold on to your butts. This should explain why I've been less active on murc for the last few months...

1. I'm engaged!! Popped the question yesterday after visiting the Blue Mountain Scenic Caves in Collingwood, ON. She said yes! Wedding won't be until fall 2006 at the earliest, but we wanted to be engaged before news item #2 took place.

2. We bought a condo! It's a loft. A genuine loft too, not one built brand new to look like a loft. The building was built in the 1930's, and was converted to lofts about two years ago. It's got 13.5' ceilings, and tons of storage too. We take possession on June 30th. It'll be nice living in the city again, instead of out in the suburbs. My commute will go from 1 hour 15 minutes down to about 30-35 minutes. Pictures are attached, but that's not our furniture (the pictures are from the real estate listing).

3. The new Samsung HLP5085W will be delivered to the new condo on Monday, July 4th. HTPC will be constructed out of parts from my main PC, once I complete it's upgrade to Athlon 64 goodness.

I think that's all for now. Updates to follow after moving day.
    Attached Files
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Congrats Dude!!!

I personally love lofts, and if I can buy one in the city I would go for it immediately, it's just that we currently live in Richmond Hill and it's hard to move downtown to a loft with two kids.

Cheers,
    Elie

Comment

Nice.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Looks like you will be stylin' now.. congrats!

Comment

Congrats! On both counts to you and the second the her.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Tizzight to all three!
            Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
            Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Congrats and nice place!
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

all the best!
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Congrats to all the great news!!!!

Comment

Congrats
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Why are all murcers intent on making me envious?

Congrats to all three

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Hehe! Congrats on all fronts!
                        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Congratulations ... when is the house warming
                          We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

congrats!

Comment

I hope you view is better than the one in the demo unit. What floor are you on?
                              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
                              X