Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCI Express NVidia card + AGP Parhelia - Are 3 or 4 Screens Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI Express NVidia card + AGP Parhelia - Are 3 or 4 Screens Possible?

Revised Question - I am going to get a Matrox Millennium P650 PCIe card and I want to use it with an NVidia PCIe card. The NVidia card will be the main one since I want to be able to play games this time around. I want to continue using a 3 screen setup. Does the PowerDesk software work when there is another card in the system? If you have a similar setup can you give us an overview of your experiences?

Thanks!

Originally posted by darthJones
    I'm planning on upgrading and was thinking about getting a PCI Express Nvidia card (I don't have a specific model in mind right now) and using that as my main card. It isn't really cost effective to get 3 new video cards in order to keep my 3 screen setup so I was wondering if I can use the Nvidia card as my main card and have the Parhelia extend my desktop onto 2 other monitors (or 3 if necessary). Does the PowerDesk software work when there is another card in the system? If you have a similar setup can you give us an overview of your experiences?

Thanks
    Last edited by darthJones; 20 June 2005, 23:04.

It will be quite a challenge to find a motherboard with a 16x PCI-E slot as well as an AGP slot.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

ASRock 775DUAL. Dunno if both work as the same time.

Comment

the nvidia cards do dual monitor setups quite good, so just get the nv card another pci card just for the third monitor.
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

see review of the ASRock here:

Comment

Thanks for the info on the ASRock. After a lot of thinking, I've decided to get the PCIe Millenium and a PCIe NVidia. I've changed my original question accordingly - If I were to use the Millenium and the NVidia cards at the same time, would I be able to get 3 screens up and running without much of a hassle?

Comment

I'd say that depends how well behaved (in relation to other manufacturers...) are now drivers from nvidia...

Comment

Working...
              X