Clear All

• Batman Begins

It's very good!

I'm seeing it tomorrow, thanks for the heads up Jon

Comment

I just got back. I will own this one.

Jeff
      -We stop learning when We die, and some
      people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
      Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
      - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
      - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Saw it yesterday and was blown away. I was expecting a lot and got more. Nolan, et al. did an excellent job! Wow, a Batman movie that actually hits the points that make him an interesting character and story.

My only beef is that the fight scenes is mostly of the "quick cuts and moving camera to hide the lack of skills" variety, but I don't really fault them. They got people who can act first of all, and secondly, the action isn't meant to carry the movie.
        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
        Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

I've nothing but really good things about this movie. I'm looking forwqrd to seeing it.

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

The previous Batman movies were a bit cheezy, nothing serious at all!!
            Although I have'nt seen Batman Returns yet, but I think they made it as dark and serious as can be which is the type of movie I like, similar to "Underworld"

This is a definet DVD buy for me

next on the list Fantastic 4 and War of the worlds
            Last edited by Elie; 20 June 2005, 20:18.

Comment

This version takes me back to the old comics and the Dark Knight style of graphic novels. It even has a Batmobile that looks positively EVIL and can kick butt in the real world as well as the fictional one. I hear it can do ~120 mph and do 0-60 in about 5 seconds, which is damned fast for something of that things stature

BRAVO!!

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hey Doc, on my way back from Montreal, I read in a Vancouver paper that for promotional purposes, they raced the new Batmobile at Indy or some famous track in the States which I thought was way cool, they had a picture of it crossing the finish line

Cheers,
                Elie

Comment

That was the NASCAR "Batman Begins" 400 at Michigan International Speedway last Sunday. The new Batmobile was the pace car and was also on display at the Southfield Star theater;

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

Up close that thing looks and sounds even more evil than it does in the movie

Roush Racing ran a car with a Batman paint scheme.

This kind of thing has become somewhat of a tradition as last year there was a Flash themed car as part of the Justice League Racing Weekend Presented by Hot Wheels. The Flash car won the race

Dr. Mordrid
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 June 2005, 23:10.
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Definitely the best Batman film yet
                    FT.

Comment

Saw it on an IMAX. Good flick!

Comment

We saw BB at a matinee on Monday (place was empty and I got my primo seating) ... very enjoyable! There was a climactic action scene with the monorail towards the end that was very well done. I usually don't care for too much special effects (because they are often in lieu of other admirable qualities in a film) but that scene made me turn to my wife and smile because it was simply satisfying. I think the whole film was more mature than your usual action flick and wouldn't mind seeing it again soon (I rarely feel that way).
                        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Saw it at the weekend right after SinCity.

So nice to see two good films, one after the other, seems to be very rare at the moment.

Edit: Only thing that annoyed me a little was the very speedy camera movment during the fights, I like to see the fights. Penalties of it being a 12a I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by dbdg
                            Saw it at the weekend right after SinCity.

So nice to see two good films, one after the other, seems to be very rare at the moment.

Edit: Only thing that annoyed me a little was the very speedy camera movment during the fights, I like to see the fights. Penalties of it being a 12a I suppose.
                            That has been pissing me off for YEARS NOW. Started with Gladiator and Mummy Returns, and just got worse from there. Between "Jitter Cam", "Strobe Cam", and "High-Speed Flicker In And Out Cam", I'm amazed they even bother to FILM the fight scenes any more.
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

Finally went to see this.. this is the REAL Batman.. great film. It was interesting to see Liam Neeson as the bad guy and Gary Oldman as the good guy in the same film.

And Christian Bale beats out Michael Keaton as best Batman.. by quite a ways.

Comment

Working...
                              X