what capture card for my g400max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what capture card for my g400max

I am looking to get a video capture card. I dont know whats good. I am using the G400max in my pc right now. can anyone recommend me something good??? thanks

johnlo

john; do a search on capture on this message section; there has been volumes of messages written about it over the last year or so...you will find what you are looking for..but unless you have a complex problem to figure out...make the effort to find it yourself...nobody likes a lazy Murcer

Comment

Jezzz...lighten up Bongo....

The Rainbow Runner-G would work with your G400MAX. Here's the Matrox Store's page with info;

http://shop.matrox.com/usa/products/...yID=2&Column=2

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I'll be a heretic and suggest you forget about analog capture cards altogether!

Buy a cheap OHCI firewire (1394) card like the ADS Pyro that comes with decent software (MSP6ve) for ~$80 and a Sony DVMC-DA2 for ~$300 or a D8 camcorder that has A/D pass-thru (like the closeout TRV-120 for ~$450).

You need AVI_IO if you are not running windows 2000. You'll need win98se or above.

You can capture analog data in DV format and either output back to tape after editing or transcode into mpeg etc.

--wally.

Comment

What's heretical? I use BOTH analog and digital on one system, and I'm not talking about the RT-2000. I'm talking Marvel and an OHCI IEEE-1394 board.

Each has its advantages and weaknesses. Use both and you can cover the middle ground and the analog card lets you import video from non-digital sources like TV, videotape etc.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 05 April 2001).]

Comment

if i have the money, i would go for both with the expensive stuff. right now, i just wanted to play around with it and learn about the video side. plus over the years I have recorded so much star trek, Mad about you, and other shows on TV. I think its time to start putting them in digital format. but of course i will NEVER get rip off the tapes i have. as least just not yet at least.

I have been reading uo about the RR-G, since i do have the g400max.

I actually have a all-in-wonder pro. just that that card is in slower PC in the house. i mean Ssssllloooowww. plus i dont even know where all the cables are anyway. hehehe!

johnlo

Comment

The main problem is getting hold of an RR-G. If you are lucky, you may find some still in stock at the Matrox online store. If not, I suspect that you will be disappointed - I don't think that they are continuing production.

I do use a DC30+ and ADS Pyro together in this machine, which is a nice combination. However, for that kind of price you could have a DV500, although not an RT2000. On the other hand, it is only a celeron300a @ 450, which wouldn't be good enough for those other cards.

Comment

yeh, the DC30+ do look good to get.. and its not that much expensive if I have to comparing it to the rt2000. the ADS Pyro, is that firewire? the DV500 cost $700.. i dont have that much money now.

Comment

yeh, the DC30+ do look good to get.. and its not that much expensive if I have to comparing it to the rt2000. the ADS Pyro, is that firewire? the DV500 cost $700.. i dont have that much money now.

Comment

Working...
                  X