Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMOG - does anyone play them anymore?

Hello kids

I used to play EVE (a LOT). Stopped it in January as I started to get bored.

What is the favour people are on these days?

I want to sign up to something, but would rather join a clan etc than play solo - anyone got any recomendations
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

You should have joined CoRM

Comment

I've been hooked in LineageII since the 1st of the year. Have a small clan, who's thus-far un-used forums are right here in the gaming forum at MURC
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

My last one was SubSpace.

Comment

Bleck, my brother used to play Eve, looked quite boring.

It's hard to find something more fun than world of warcraft, I played the 10 day trial (recorded almost 5 days of actual playtime ie almost 120 hours, got to lvl 30) and loved it! Only reason I'm not playing anymore was because the game was TOO good and it would completely destroy me. I would literally be dead right now if i still played; cuz I wouldn't eat or drink
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

World of Warcraft. It's been out since feb 12 here, and I have more than 33 days (!!) of actual playing time since then. Yes, I know that's pathetic.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Stellar Realms Not quite a MMOG though... it's rather more "sedate".

http://www.stellar-realms.com/
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by az
                World of Warcraft. It's been out since feb 12 here, and I have more than 33 days (!!) of actual playing time since then. Yes, I know that's pathetic.

AZ
                You mean too much or not enough playing time?

Lineage II is the only game that's more active than WoW. I think it has more players too.

Comment

The only one I ever really got into was Ultima Online, I used to love that game and its friendly community. I have tried others but they haven't really caught my attention. Although its probably been around 3 years since I've played it ..hehe so its been a while

Andy

P.s. many of my friends are playing WoW (World of Warcraft for those not in the know) although I haven't had time to really try it with my course work.

Comment

I'm getting the impression that half the world is playing Wow and Guildwars.
                    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Nope. Lineage II and WoW.

Comment

OK this Lineage II lark. Any recommendations? If its like Eve, its likely if I was to join up with any of you guys, I would have a bit of travelling to do if I picked the wrong race - what characters do you guys take?

Again, eve is all I have for reference, but there some of the races could not benefit from particular clans (they were either in one factions area or another, and bonuses afforded to clans in a particular area wernt to be had to other races)
                        Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

In LineageII, any race can interact/group/join clan with any other race with no penalties.
                          Pay more attention to the classes. Certain classes get special skills, and the class will determine the race.
                          For example, I wanted the ability to do 'crowd control'. There is a spell called sleep cloud that allows me to sleep whole groups of enemies. Only one class has the ability to learn that spell, and only one race can produce that specific class. So based on all that, I had to be an Elven Spellsinger to get the skills i wanted.

I have also played a little WoW (beta tested it briefly). It's not a bad game. There is more action than in L2, but not nearly as much depth with what you can do with the charactors. (I think WoW has 8 classes, L2 has like 42 possible classes).
                          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Oh, and if you do get into the game, our clan is in need of healer class charactors
                            They are hard to level up, and pretty weak in a fight, but are always in high demand. Every group/party needs a healer, and there aren't enough of them around.
                            If you join the game, and decide to go healer, I can get you into our clan, and we can help you "power level" to some extent.

Comment

"characters" !

sorry, I can't stand "charactors" for some reason

Comment

Working...
                              X