Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody want this?

(If not I'm throwing it out.)

It's an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ CPU. Used but in good condition (all the pins are straight). No heatsink or fan.

I don't remember if it was bought as a retail CPU or OEM. It used to be in one of my Dev PCs, which I've since upgraded to a 3200+. It's been sitting in a little plastic cpu holder for a while. I just found it while cleaning up my office.

I'm 90% sure it will work just fine. I'm not 100% sure though; why I'm not trying to sell it on eBay.

Whoever wants it only needs to pay for shipping from Toronto. I'd prefer to give it to someone who will actually use it, instead of just turning around and selling it themselves.

Lemme know.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

If nobody else wants it, it would be a nice upgrade for the athlon 1700+ I have here
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Hey, your sig says you have a 2500+! What gives?! (j/k I don't care)

tjalfe has first dibs. If anyone else wants it they'll have to convince him to give it up.

@tjalfe, do you come to Toronto at all? Maybe we can arrange someplace where you can just pick it up?

Comment

Whoa, whoa!! I have an Xp2100+ and I'm far from rich!!

Give ti to me!

Please??

Dammit, why didn't I see this thread earlier?
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

at this point it's tjalfe's decision. convince him, not me.

Comment

Hey, Julie's machine is currently running an Athlon 800. But the board goes up to 3200+... you could take pity on her...
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
              at this point it's tjalfe's decision. convince him, not me.
              I didn't want to get in a position of having to decide who needs this more. Remember, I'm not even 100% sure it will work (although I know of no reason why it shouldn't).

tjalfe has first dibs, if anyone wants it now, semite or gentile, they'll have to convince him. (sorry to make you the bad guy tjalfe).

Comment

@tjalfe, Just PM me with instuctions (and address) whenever you've decided.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                  Hey, Julie's machine is currently running an Athlon 800. But the board goes up to 3200+... you could take pity on her...
                  800??? Ew, if tjalfe wants to, then I'd see no problem with that. I can still endure my 2100+, still runs great in almost every application I use.

tjalfe!!!!! Sup to you buddy.

Comment

Dammit, tjalfe. You're too quick.
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I was referring to my computer at work, being a 1700+ ( family business, otherwise I would have not cared to upgrade it).
                      the 1700+ could then be a nice upgrade for my sister ( She lives downtown TO, so a visit to her could be combined with a pickup )

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
                        I was referring to my computer at work, being a 1700+ ( family business, otherwise I would have not cared to upgrade it).
                        the 1700+ could then be a nice upgrade for my sister ( She lives downtown TO, so a visit to her could be combined with a pickup )
                        So... your, um, keeping it? Please say no, please say no!

Comment

Man.. you are making me feel bad about this
                          ...Maybe I can find some other parts to upgrade your computer in my pile of older parts

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
                            Man.. you are making me feel bad about this
                            ...Maybe I can find some other parts to upgrade your computer in my pile of older parts
                            D'oh! Sorry dude, wasn't my intention. Just hoping out loud.

To me, it doesn't matter one bit, but it's more for Gurm since Julie's system is running an athlon 800. I'd love to get my hands on it myself, but ultimetly it's your decision and you shouldn't feel bad if you wanna keep it, first come first serve.

But hey, in case you don't want it, you know who to talk to.
                            Last edited by ZokesPro; 7 June 2005, 14:03. Reason: Mmmm, free!!!! hehe

Comment

I suggest that you'll need to give yourself enough time to install and test the cpu before you plan to use your old cpu elsewhere. Also, remember that you'll have to supply your own heatsink and fan. Whatever you've got for your 1700+ probably isn't rated to be used on a 2800+.

My schedule is so messed up these days, maybe it's just easier if I send it to your family business. $~10 Purolater isn't too much for you is it? Just PM me the address. Do you use paypal? You can reimburse me for the shipping to my company's paypal account.

Comment

Working...
                              X