• Show
Clear All

• Maxtor 1/2 Tearbyte HDD....

Half a terabyte.....

Where do I sign up?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

3rd quarter, so if you are lucky, you can get one for christmas, and paying through the nose for it at the same time
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

AWESOME!!! just imagine two of these drives striped to equal 1 Terrabyte

and four drives striped = 2 Terrabyte WOW, and in a few years we'll see Terrabyte sized drives!!!!

Cheers,
      Elie

Comment

Yeah but it's a Maxtor... no thanks. I know some of you have a lot of luck with these but I've had NOTHING but problems with Maxtors. I recently had to have 60 of them swapped out of computers at my last job because of the high failure rate. Oh.. about 10 in two months, and I've had problems with them more often than others drives at EVERY job I've ever had in tech.
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I've bought about 40+ Maxtors and all but one are still humming away in one way or another. Can't say the same about the Seagates and WD's I've bought

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
            3rd quarter, so if you are lucky, you can get one for christmas, and paying through the nose for it at the same time
            Some PC manufacturer is selling them with their config now AFAIK. Is it Dell, Falcon, Alienware? Can't remember...

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
              Some PC manufacturer is selling them with their config now AFAIK. Is it Dell, Falcon, Alienware? Can't remember...
              Tier 1 OEMs always get hardware before the rest of use. Manufactures get more money out of multi-million dollar contracts than here and there sales.

@Doc: All HDD manufactures produce bad batches. I have run across several bad batches of WD, Maxtor, Hitachi/IBM, and Seagate HDDs. The Maxtor drives I've had go bad have died within the first month and the data has never been recoverable. At least with other drives I know I have a shot at getting it back.

Of course, my old Deathstar is still alive and kicking, too. I've had pretty good luck with all my drives, but I always keep them actively cooled.

Jammrock
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                ... but I always keep them actively cooled. ...
                Which seems to be the primary cause of failed drives. I've never lost a drive (and I've always been afraid to post that because I'll now jinx it ).
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                X