• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firing is too good....

....for this sonofabitch!!

Jeeezzzzzz......

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 7 June 2005, 20:41.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

If the guy really ran, Caprice should beat the shit out of him the next time they meet...

Comment

That would be a mild version of what I'd do

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Cowardly cop

Comment

Wait until the enquiry comes out. Far as we know he may have been shot at the same time. You can't help someone if you're full of holes yourself. Still sounds dodgy though like he shit himself.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

We really will have to wait and see. While it's terrible to abandon another officer, if a series of shots were fired and CONTINUED to be fired, are you going to cite him for FAILING to put himself in further mortal danger to help his partner? I mean, we'd all like to THINK that all police and military personnel are heroic and brave enough to run out under fire to help their friends, but reality is sometimes a bit less heroic.

On the other hand, if he just bailed after seeing his partner go down... that's another story. We'll really have to wait and see.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
              are you going to cite him for FAILING to put himself in further mortal danger to help his partner?
              Yep...
              -We stop learning when We die, and some
              people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
              Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
              - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
              - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

I'd love to see the video, but the "ran away and, for several minutes, failed to help the wounded officer" part sounds rather bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                  I'd love to see the video, but the "ran away and, for several minutes, failed to help the wounded officer" part sounds rather bad.
                  Yeah ok that does sound bad. How many bullets could the bad guy have had?

But I do have to reiterate - not everyone is Riggs. Y'know?
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

He ran away, fine. Understandble he doesn't want to become the next swiss cheese. OTOH, how long does it really take to grab his gun and shoot back at s.o. who's murdering his partner?

He does't have to actually hit anything, just get the attention of the offender off of his partner. It's not like guns are so accurate that anyone can shoot at you with accuracy at more than 20m (that'd be about 4 cars BTW - no need to run to the next city). Not for someone untrained.

Comment

Back when I was a kid and I saw some SOB drawing a bead on my father from behind (he was a 2 am intruder) running was the last thing on my mind.

What was first was taking off the safety on my 12 ga auto shotgun, which was loaded with 00 buckshot.

If a 16 year old kid can muster the guts then there is NO excuse for this cop to violate his responsibility to his partner.

Their dedication to each other is all those guys have when the s*** hits the fan.

Dr. Mordrid
                      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 9 June 2005, 08:57.
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                        Back when I was a kid and I saw some SOB drawing a bead on my father from behind (he was a 2 am intruder) running was the last thing on my mind.

What was first was taking off the safety on my 12 ga auto shotgun, which was loaded with 00 buckshot.

If a 16 year old kid can muster the guts then there is NO excuse for this cop to violate his responsibility to his partner.

Their dedication to each other is all those guys have when the s*** hits the fan.

Dr. Mordrid
                        I mostly agree with you, seriously I do. I'd like to think that if MY friend/relative's life was in danger, I too would have the guts. I haven't had to find out yet, though. And until you DO find out, you just don't know. If you don't have the guts, does that make you less of a person?

However, no matter what this guy isn't cut out to be a cop. That much I can say for certain. If they don't find him entirely guilty, maybe they can find him something to do that isn't dangerous - y'know, like "file clerk".

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                          I mostly agree with you, seriously I do. I'd like to think that if MY friend/relative's life was in danger, I too would have the guts. I haven't had to find out yet, though. And until you DO find out, you just don't know. If you don't have the guts, does that make you less of a person?
                          I can't speak for how I'd have looked in the eyes of others, but I know what it would have done to my self perception.

Dr. Mordrid
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                          X