Fraud in reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraud in reverse

I recently listed a Curio on Craig's List. Within an hour I got a response. Unfortunately I recognized this email to be fraudulant so I decided it would be fun to mess with this loser. Here is his email and my response. I'll post his follow up if he does

cole_george1970@yahoo.com

Hello,
    I'm Mr. George Cole; I saw your item,and I'm highly intrested,cos it matches what I am in need of.I am currently not in the country, to be precise I?m in Australia on a business trip and I will handle shipment of it to my base in USA,postal money order will be the method of payment as my associate in US will issue out, sorry if I may ask, is this your personal property because don?t want to involve myself with stolen goods for sale. What is the condition like? If you accept the payment method I will like you to reply with the following for payment
    process
    NAME........
    ADDRESS............
    CITY......
    STATE....
    ZIP CODE........
    PHONE # BOTH HOME AND CELL.....
    COUNTRY........
    PROOF OF OWNERSHIP IF ANY I await your this information so that i can
    fax it
    Down to my client that will send u the payment. Hope this is acceptable?Email me as soon as possible.
    REGARDS

GEORGE COLE
    LIVES IN AUSTRAILA
    My response

Hello Mr. Cole,

Before I can sell you this beloved Curio of mine, I want to make
    sure that you will truly take care of this one of a kind item. Do you
    love Amish Curios? Because if you do, I want you to say I love Amish
    Curios and I suck cock. Please tell em that first and then I will
    consider doing business with you.

I look forward to your response!

Dave
    I'm assuming he doesn't know english very well so he may go along with it for a while
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Have you been reading those anti-419 scam sites an awful lot lately?

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
      Have you been reading those anti-419 scam sites an awful lot lately?
      Why yes, yes I have. How did you know?
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I think that I've read about this scam. Isn't this the one where they make up some B.S. reason for overpaying and ask that you send them cash to cover the balance but their cheque ends up bouncing so they get your money and you get screwed?

I seem to recall a site (probably listed here) where a guy was selling car parts and posted the funny conversation thread he would have with these would be scammers.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
          I think that I've read about this scam. Isn't this the one where they make up some B.S. reason for overpaying and ask that you send them cash to cover the balance but their cheque ends up bouncing so they get your money and you get screwed?

I seem to recall a site (probably listed here) where a guy was selling car parts and posted the funny conversation thread he would have with these would be scammers.
          Yep, that's the scam.

And yes, that was a thread in these forums which gave me the idea

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef

...explain this to me again?

Comment

The person sends you a fake cahiers check for too much money. You try to send him some money back with a personal check or whatever. His cashiers check eventually comes back as no good, he long since has cashed your check and bailed.

Comment

Yeah, the type of check the scammers send you appears to be valid at first - your bank approves it and increases your deposit while waiting for the check to validate. But then it comes back invalid, usually AFTER you've sent the money.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

btw, I never heard back from him. I guess I was too aggressive. I need more practice

Comment

Working...
                  X