Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antec P180 - the ultimate case ?

Hi,

I read the preview of the Antec P180, the new high end case from Antec.

The case is beautiful (ok maybe not for everyone), seems of good quality and is well conceived for quiet and efficient cooling.

Read the review on "silent pc review" : http://www.silentpcreview.com/article249-page1.html

The case should be available this month at a price tag around $/€150 w/o PSU.

Although I already own an Antec SLK3700-AMB (excellent case) I plan on buying the new P180. What do you think about it ?
    If you have any info regarding availibility feel free to post
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

What style? It just looks like an aluminum block to me

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Great case! I would have no problems ditching my Chieftec Dragon for it. Although I'm not certain how it would handle 2 CPU's and all the crap I have in the case...

Comment

Me likey... although I wish they styled it just a BIT more like their Piano Sonata. Then again, they'll likely filter down some of this new tech to the next Piano. So that's fine by me.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Dr Mordid : Like I said it may not suits everybody's taste

Goc : the cas is large and very well ventilated so i think a dual CPU setup would not be a problem in it. It would probably be a lot better than may other cases on the market.

Gurm : there is a black version of the cas so it can be like a large sonata

I'm really waiting for this case. As soon as it's available in stores around here I'll get one !
          System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

My first thought was, "It looks like a refrigerator".

After checking out the pics, it is definitely a very impressive case. I'd buy it if I was looking for a case.

Dave
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I never knew that Mike was working with Antec on that case. As a fan of SPCR I bet it'll be great, but it also makes their review less reliable than their normal reviews
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Actually i liked that case very much, it was really nicely designed.

Probably my next case..

JD
                Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

TnT : SPCR reviews never looked too much Antec oriented to me. I think they are pretty reliable. Of course I'm sure another reviewer will take care of the P180. Mike himself said in the forum that the P180 was not perfect because they had to mak concessions when buildinf the case. So far he seems pretty honest to me. Let's hope it will stay that way.

Comment

My TigerMPX is almost too long for the Dragon and the new Antec is not saying it's EATX. Also the cool dual Opties boards are mostly longer than TigerMPX (EATX) so I think for serious duallies the CM Stacker is the way to go.

Comment

meh

I still like me case more

Comment

Me too....

(Lian Li PC 70, 6x 80mm fans, room for 6 hdd in cage + some more in second cage, holds 12"x13" mainboards, ...)
                        And they now have silent cases as well...

Jörg
                        pixar
                        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

This will hopefully be my next case:

That way I can keep it small and quiet, and still put high powered stuff in it. Fits Micro-ATX boards, so up to 4 PCIe/PCI expansion slots, standard ATX power, carrying handle, looks cool, well built ... only one problem. The $300 price tag, and an extra $125 for the special 520 W power supply with the short, flexible cables. Oh well.
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I'm perfectly satisfied with my Chieftec Dragon big tower... Only thing annoying me is it packs only two HDD bays.
                            I have a sh1tload of fans in there. 2x120mm, 6x80 mm, 1x92mm + two fans on Enermax, 2 CPU fans, VGA fan... It's noisy as hell despite all the fans being papsts low noise ones, but it doesn't bother me beacuse it's stashed away pretty isolated from where I sit when I work, and the airflow is amazing. Inside temperature never goes more than 3 degrees higher than room temperature.

Comment

Am I the only one getting tired of cases with doors? I know they have their purpose to hide those biege drives, and drive bay covers are a mixed bag at best.....but meh. It's getting really hard to find a quality case without a door. At lease there aren't many shuttle's/htpc's with doors.
                              Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X