Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHT Xd

Wonder if it is any good?

Technically speaking it's pretty clever. I'm going to start saving up for something like this for my next upgrade.

Shame the speakers are ugly , well different looking.

If it performs well, the other amp / speaker manufacturers will have their work cut out.

Wow. I definately want a set now. Check the frequency response.... And the fact that it wont create too much heat.

Comment

I wonder if it isn't similar to the Floating Systems Synthese model my sister-in-law has...
      floating.nl is beschikbaar voor de verkoop, vraag vandaag een vrijblijvende prijsopgave aan.
      Vul het onderstaande formulier in en ontvang een gratis prijsopgave.

Acoustic adaptations

The Synthese loudspeakers can be easily adapted to the living room. Thick curtains, wooden floor or solid thick walls pose no problem at all. Every Synthese product comes with four Acoustical Cards that can be used to adapt a room’s acoustic conditions.
      The audio also isn't adapted by listening to what it sounds like, but based on settings the user makes.
      FWIW, He is using a Sphinx pre-amplifier and a Sphinx power amplifier, this is one of the few amplifiers that can drive these speakers...

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I think it is another way to solve the same problem.

Bet the Amps and the speakers came to more than 6000USD though!!

Room acoustics.

I just like the elegance of it. Still things like bass traps / moving furniture round etc will alter sound.

Comment

Suprisingly enough, the woofer in these Synthese speakers are located at the top 'square'. The bottom one holds the accoustics cards. I'm pretty sure the price was more than 6000 USD...

His amp is this one:
          Nog even geduld. De website van sphinxlab.nl is namelijk in ontwikkeling.

pre-amp: Project Two Mk2
          power amp: Project Twelve

The thing is: my siter-in-law father used the speakers on a amplifier that was way too weak, and it didn't sound well. He then purchased a new system (dunno which amp, but with B&W speakers - IIRC he got the 801D), and gave his other system to my sister in law. And his new system sounded awesome!
          My brother also found that the received system didn't sound great, so he went to an audio store and asked which amplifier he would need to drive the Synthese speakers. The first reply he got was: "Couldn't I buy the speakers from you?". After politely declining the offer, he was told one of the few amps that could manage are by Sphinx.
          And I must say, it is one of the best sounding systems I've ever heard.

Of course, this is a system they'd never have bought, hadn't they gotten the Synthese speakers...

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
          X