Rare US nickle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare US nickle...

sold for $4.15 million USD. Wouldn't mind finding something like this in my pocket change;

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

We live in a strange world indeed.
    We are going to display it and enjoy the hell out of it
    I just don't get the fascination.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

My fascination with coins started when I was a kid. Now my Lincoln penny collection is worth keeping and includes two 1909 SVDB's, worth about $850 each, and a 1955 double-die worth about $900.

In addtion I have a collections of very old large cents (late 1700's & early 1800's), indian head pennies, Morgan silver dollars and a few gold coins. All collections reside in a bank vault.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Nice collection. I started seriously collecting when they started melting down the silver coins. I would grab rolls of dimes and quarters from the bank, filter through them for silver, re-roll the rest and start again. Most of my collection has been through pulling coins out of circulation but I do order proof sets every year. Got a couple bags and rolls of CA quarters this year and a first-day issue of same.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I can understand collecting in general.

I just know I'd be feeling awefully guilty if I spent $4+ million dollars on a single coin while so many people, even just in my city alone, struggle to make ends meet and would benefit so much from the assistantance that that kind of money could provide.

Sorry, I'm starting to sound like a troll I'll stop.
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I wonder how much could be worth Prussian coin from 1790s that I own...

(now that I think of it there are also ~100 year old banknotes and coins from up to 150 (plus the one above) in the casket of mine...to which I can't get for few years - it's broken )

Comment

casket??? you're planning to rob a grave for this stuff?

Comment

Online dictionary failed me again (i just wanted the equivalent of word meaning small box for juwelry etc.)

Casket in this sense...

Comment

Jewelry case.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                  X