Kooldinomobile @ 14psi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kooldinomobile @ 14psi

Decided to take a video of my car the other day while tuning. Good thing I did.

I got to test out my new fuel rail setup that I had Mental Addiction Motorsports make for me. I also tested the hell out of my tires while I was at it...the Eagle F1-GSD3s grip like a champ.

I now run 4 extra stock injectors...one in each runner in the intake mani. DiS took some video of us tuning. It's hard to gauge speed by video, but I must say she was pulling strong, and still wasn't completely tuned. Lemme know what you think.

Caution - profanities are used, so be careful if you're at work, etc.

Right click, save as...

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

D'oh! Media Player sucks at work, gonna have to check it when I get home.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

What's it doing at work?

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
        What's it doing at work?
        I don't have ti right codec, or the rights to download any new codecs. (Windows NT4 SP5)

Comment

Divx is the codec!

Comment

30MB?
            I'll check it tomorow after I download tonight..

Comment

Yeah, it's 640x480

Comment

Looked good!
                Please just don't tape the woody.
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

(and the video works at home, stupid work computers)

Your car has got a real nice sound to it.

That LSD should really help prevent your car from pulling to one side on hard acceleration. Betcha it pulls to the right.

What's your time on the 1/4 mile?

Btw, REAL glad your buddy refused to tape your boner, hehe.

Comment

sounds good!
                    give me some numbers baby
                    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

LOL

@Zokes - Last year I ran a 13.8 @ 105.6 on street tires with my old setup. This year I have lower compression pistons which will allow me to run more boost, and I redesigned/remade my turbo setup almost completely.

It actually pulls eveywhere, not just right. It depends on the road, etc etc, but flooring that thing in a low gear is like reeling in a marlin. She's fightin' ya!

@gt40 - Soon enough. I might actually get some slicks or something this year. Gotta hit the dyno again too.

Comment

I just got a turbo on my car too!!! What you guys think?? DIY installed it...the turbo vibrates a bit too much as it passes through its cirtical speeds, gona duct tape it to the bonnet....

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
                          I just got a turbo on my car too!!! What you guys think?? DIY installed it...the turbo vibrates a bit too much as it passes through its cirtical speeds, gona duct tape it to the bonnet....

Now that's one "Ricer" that has taken the concept of a CAI too far ................
                          Lawrence

Comment

What's the advantage of using a higher boost with lower compression pistons vs little boost with higher compression pistons? With the lower compression pistons, it seems like your giving up low rpm torque since the turbo doesn't get going immediately. Wouldn't your torque curve get taller at lower rpm without sacrificing high rpm torque with low boost and high compression? What am I missing here?
                            Last edited by Brian R.; 5 June 2005, 11:34.

Comment

Working...
                            X